Rux
Captain
Rep
Drives: Little of this, little of that

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [10.00]
2022 BMW G82  [10.00]
New England BMWs , Is it Tacky or?

I am seeing more and more G8x and M cars all the way down the model ranges as the weather gets better. I get excited when I see others on the road. Some give me the headlight flash, the thumbs up, the peace sign or the head nod. Some people just go crazy like they have seen a long loss relative. I am a head nod guy , sometimes a headlight flash.

Is this tacky? Like Jeep people tacky?
      05-28-2024, 09:43 AM   #2
thopwood4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 2024 G80 M3

Garage List
2024 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nah, it's a brotherhood. I normally don't initiate, but if someone acknowledges me, I acknowledge them. Side note, I have a co-worker whose brother in law has a G82, we pass occasionally in the morning, we go a bit bonkers with the headlight flashes. I've never met him in real life either, which makes it more funny.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2024, 12:26 PM   #3
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

I get a number of acknowledgements in a number of forms. I also give out numerous waves, thumbs up, and head nods. About a year ago I was at a gas station in Sebring between sessions and was approached by a women Jeep driver who was all excited about my car. She explained to me that Jeep owners engage in an actual thing where they present a gift in the form of a rubber duck to other jeeps that they really like. It's real, Google it. She was so excited about my car that she left the Jeep reservation and presented me with a green rubber duck after writing "so cool" on the bottom. I feel honored, and Ducky rides with me everywhere, on and off track.

And don't knock the Jeep owners. It isn't like they have a patent on tacky.