home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-10-2024, 09:56 AM   #67
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

I bought the Quickjack 5000 from Home Depot prior to taking delivery of my car. As mentioned I found they were two short so I was going to send them back and buy the 6000 ELX. Turned out I guess the return shipping wasn't worth it for them so they told me to just keep them and refunded my money. I sold the 5000s a couple days later and for just the money difference between the two models got the 6000s
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602309.50
      05-10-2024, 06:21 PM   #68
OwnerF16
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven300 View Post
I am on the same boat. I have the very same quickjack and realized I have the same problem. Question, did you had to use the DYI extenders to be able to lift the car as shown in the picture? I am trying to do the same, but it seems the length is not enough, even in that cross configuration.

What anchor points did you used to lift the car as shown in the picture?
The aftermarket steel tubes were required to lift the car since this QJ was too short. I’m using the car’s original lifting points in this picture, only able to with the steel tubes. I was able to use the car’s lifting points with the QJ I ordered when it was turned sideways but wasn't comfortable doing that so I had these steel tubes fabricated. The down side is I need to put the car on wooden blocks to get the QJ and steel tubes beneath the car since it’s been lowered.