BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #1
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 F10 535i

Speakers Bimmer Tech Alpha One, Bavsound, or Something else

I bought and installed a Match by Audiotec Fischer UP 10DSP from BimmerTech. It was easy plug and play and preset for my type of music.

It definitely improves the sound quality and for some it may be enough, but I know I will upgrade the speakers. I need more clarity and Bass.

The door mids on the HK can't handle the extra power. (I sometimes like to listen it loud)

I have Bavsound in my other cars and they perform well. When I was younger, I used to redo the whole systems. Amp, Speakers, Subs, head units, EQ. I am passed that stage. I just want to hear all the instruments and voices clear, and if I want to thump some that too.

Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to both brands and can share any input? or any other brand that is plug and play.

Thanks
      09-28-2023, 12:09 AM   #2
kwilliams312
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjavier View Post
I bought and installed a Match by Audiotec Fischer UP 10DSP from BimmerTech. It was easy plug and play and preset for my type of music.

It definitely improves the sound quality and for some it may be enough, but I know I will upgrade the speakers. I need more clarity and Bass.

The door mids on the HK can't handle the extra power. (I sometimes like to listen it loud)

I have Bavsound in my other cars and they perform well. When I was younger, I used to redo the whole systems. Amp, Speakers, Subs, head units, EQ. I am passed that stage. I just want to hear all the instruments and voices clear, and if I want to thump some that too.

Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to both brands and can share any input? or any other brand that is plug and play.

Thanks
I compete in EMMA/ISASCA/WCA Sound Quality Car audio with my 2021 G80 M3 and I'm currently building a 2024 G82 M4 with a Match UP10.

Changing the front drivers to drop in BAV sound will be a decent upgrade. I would invest in a proper audio tuner. That Match UP10 DSP/AMP is phenomenal.

You can get better speakers for the money, but installation becomes a hassle.

I would 100% recommend adding a sub, I think the biggest damper of the HK system is using the floor 8s for sub bass, they just work too hard. Get a sub and cross the midbasses at like 250 and 100hz. You'll get way better quality out of them.

My M3 is running:
  • Arc Audio PS8 Pro
  • 2 Arc Audio 1200.6 amps for the front stage
  • 1 Arc Audio 1100.1 for the subs
  • PS8-50 for the rest of the speakers / rear fill.
  • Arc Audio RS1 tweeters
  • Arc Audio RS4 midbass
  • Audio Development W800Neo in the floor

My M4 is running:
  • Match UP10 amp/DSP.
  • Scanspeak D3004 tweeters
  • Scanspeak 12MU midrange in the door
  • Audio Development W800Neo in the floor
  • 2x 12" L7 Solo Baric subs in the trunk with a 2500.1 Arc Audio amp.

If you want to hear your instruments clearly, get your system tuned by a good tuner. Even with the factory speakers you can get pretty decent sound with a Match UP10.
Appreciate 1
GTS Daddy374.00
      09-28-2023, 06:33 AM   #3
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams312 View Post
I compete in EMMA/ISASCA/WCA Sound Quality Car audio with my 2021 G80 M3 and I'm currently building a 2024 G82 M4 with a Match UP10.

Changing the front drivers to drop in BAV sound will be a decent upgrade. I would invest in a proper audio tuner. That Match UP10 DSP/AMP is phenomenal.

You can get better speakers for the money, but installation becomes a hassle.

I would 100% recommend adding a sub, I think the biggest damper of the HK system is using the floor 8s for sub bass, they just work too hard. Get a sub and cross the midbasses at like 250 and 100hz. You'll get way better quality out of them.

My M3 is running:

Arc Audio PS8 Pro
2 Arc Audio 1200.6 amps for the front stage
1 Arc Audio 1100.1 for the subs
PS8-50 for the rest of the speakers / rear fill.
Arc Audio RS1 tweeters
Arc Audio RS4 midbass
Audio Development W800Neo in the floor

My M4 is running:

Match UP10 amp/DSP.
Scanspeak D3004 tweeters
Scanspeak 12MU midrange in the door
Audio Development W800Neo in the floor
2x 12" L7 Solo Baric subs in the trunk with a 2500.1 Arc Audio amp.

If you want to hear your instruments clearly, get your system tuned by a good tuner. Even with the factory speakers you can get pretty decent sound with a Match UP10.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

If I follow your 2024 build, are these speaker a drop-in into the OEM speaker holes?

What about the wiring? Can I use the OEM wires?

Do you have any experience with the Bimmertech Alpha One speakers?

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/speakers...43AY03PFP62063

I have used in the past: Focal Utopias, Dynaudio, JL, Zapcco and others with a full car installation. I am passed that now. I want quality but minimal modifications.

Thanks again for your time.
      09-30-2023, 03:30 PM   #4
kwilliams312
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

You're only going to get drop in placements for OEM from Bavsounds or Bimmertech (or similar), Audiotech Fischer might make some.

Adapters for speaker mounts and wires are available, and low effort to install. I made the speaker mount adapters for both of my cars, but I like doing that type of stuff. I bought the wiring adapters from an audio shop.

Based on your desire to have things as easy and minimal effort as possible, I'd recommend the BavSound or the Bimmertech kits. They're about the same quality. You 100% want the Match UP10 to go with either. That's not a hard install, mostly plug and play, figuring out how to mount the unit is the only challenge.

The BMW is sorely missing sub bass. even upgraded floor speakers wont improve that. You'll want a 10" sub to round out the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjavier View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

If I follow your 2024 build, are these speaker a drop-in into the OEM speaker holes?

What about the wiring? Can I use the OEM wires?

Do you have any experience with the Bimmertech Alpha One speakers?

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/speakers...43AY03PFP62063

I have used in the past: Focal Utopias, Dynaudio, JL, Zapcco and others with a full car installation. I am passed that now. I want quality but minimal modifications.

Thanks again for your time.
Appreciate 0