BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-21-2022, 02:22 AM   #1
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C Xdrive

This is what happened when your car "At the port"

We already have numerous threads about "Stuck at the port for X weeks" topic.

Based on the discussion in those threads and my personal experience, I want to summarize what we learnt so for.

So let's assume your car went in&out production line smoothly with no recalls/stop sale/issues, it should leave the factory (190) and arrive at the "port" (193) in 2-5 days.

However, "At the port" (193) doesn't mean your car is really at the port. It means your car had arrived at the first destination after leaving the factory.

There're 3 possible "first destination" based on what we know so for:
- Bremerhaven Port
- Zeebrugge Port (Belgium)
- Krefeld Distribution Centre

If your car landed at either port, Congrats, you win the port lottery. Your car will be loaded on the next ship to your destination port.

But if you are not lucky enough, your car will sit in the Krefeld distribution Centre parking lot and wait to be booked a boat.

Hong long do you need to wait there?

No estimate. I believe it's FIFO so it depends on the amount of cars that are already backlogged to your destination port and the ship schedule.
It takes 1-3 months in general.
My car sit there from 3/22 to 5/9.

How do you find out the actual location of your car?

BMW internal distribution tool.
Unfortunately you cannot know the actual location of your car via Genius nor MyGarage. Only dealer managers have the access to use the internal distribution tool to check the actual location of your car.

What happens when your car left Krefeld?

Once they move your car out of the distribution centre that means your car is already booked a ship. So it won't take long.
In my case:
5/9 "In transit" (195) from Krefeld to Bremerhaven port.
5/11 "At the port" (193) Arrived at Bremerhaven port.
5/18 Loaded on vessel (The first ship to my destination port since 5/9)

Hope everyone who's in Krefeld see movements sooner.
Wait sucks, we all know that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 11
      05-21-2022, 05:40 AM   #2
G82Anxious
At The Port
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S

Seems like my car and yours were chilling there for a while. 3/24 and still in Krefeld. Praying to the ship gods there is a vessel with my car name on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Wow, thanks for that info….I had no idea that's how it worked. So I suppose….if we're at the "port" beyond a week, chances are that we're at the destination center. Regarding the tracking that only our sales manager can do (right?)….IF we could get him/her to do it by initiating the GPS connection to our vehicle….what are the disadvantages to that? Apple Car Play shows as commencing? Does our oil change/service timer start?
Appreciate 1
hamzag20557.00
      05-21-2022, 09:04 AM   #4
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Wow, thanks for that info….I had no idea that's how it worked. So I suppose….if we're at the "port" beyond a week, chances are that we're at the destination center. Regarding the tracking that only our sales manager can do (right?)….IF we could get him/her to do it by initiating the GPS connection to our vehicle….what are the disadvantages to that? Apple Car Play shows as commencing? Does our oil change/service timer start?
To avoid any commencement of your connected services by activating them, you could just hassle your SA for the 'Distribution' tab updates via the screen posted above.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

Quote:
I wouldn't assume you're stuck at the destination center if its more then a week. There aren't ships coming into Port every day, so there's a good chance you're in Bremerhaven waiting on an actual vessel to come into Port
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #6
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocox3m View Post
I wouldn't assume you're stuck at the destination center if its more then a week. There aren't ships coming into Port every day, so there's a good chance you're in Bremerhaven waiting on an actual vessel to come into Port
Thats correct. I was in Bremerhaven for 4 weeks before i got on a vessel and during that timeframe 5 boats left to my destination. I think they are not following first in first out at port.

Percentage of vehicles which goes through Zeebrugge and Krefeld Extremely small. And no one really knows why vehicles are going there skipping the regular route.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2022, 09:28 AM   #7
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82Anxious View Post
Seems like my car and yours were chilling there for a while. 3/24 and still in Krefeld. Praying to the ship gods there is a vessel with my car name on it.
Yeah hope yours will get out of there shortly
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 09:33 AM   #8
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Thats correct. I was in Bremerhaven for 4 weeks before i got on a vessel and during that timeframe 5 boats left to my destination. I think they are not following first in first out at port.

Percentage of vehicles which goes through Zeebrugge and Krefeld Extremely small. And no one really knows why vehicles are going there skipping the regular route.
Are you sure your car was not in Krefeld for that 4 weeks?

For our Canadian cars, most of them go to krefeld, very small portion goes to Bremerhaven directly
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 09:45 AM   #9
G82Anxious
At The Port
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
Quote:
To avoid any commencement of your connected services by activating them, you could just hassle your SA for the 'Distribution' tab updates via the screen posted above.
Remember not all SA are created equal. Some will ignore you, make false promise or straight up tell you at port to get off their back. I spoke to 2 SA and the funny thing is the one I didn't even order the car from was more helpful.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 09:46 AM   #10
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
Quote:
Remember not all SA are created equal. Some will ignore you, make false promise or straight up you off at port to get off their back.
Yep! Correct! I've got me one of those unfortunately…
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2022, 10:12 AM   #11
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisziqitho View Post
Are you sure your car was not in Krefeld for that 4 weeks?

For our Canadian cars, most of them go to krefeld, very small portion goes to Bremerhaven directly
Yes, mine followed the typical route theough Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2022, 11:01 AM   #12
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Yes, mine followed the typical route theough Bremerhaven.
Oh good to know, how did you confirm it? By the tool?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 12:09 PM   #13
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisziqitho View Post
Oh good to know, how did you confirm it? By the tool?
Yes.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2022, 08:01 AM   #14
E_R_S_M4_Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Can any BMW dealer access the distribution tool for your vehicle with the VIN? Was wondering if there are any decent SM's out there I could give my VIN to that would be helpful vice blow me off (as my current SM likes to do).
-2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 03:05 PM   #15
G82Anxious
At The Port
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_R_S_M4_Comp View Post
Can any BMW dealer access the distribution tool for your vehicle with the VIN? Was wondering if there are any decent SM's out there I could give my VIN to that would be helpful vice blow me off (as my current SM likes to do).
It's as if we have the same person..every time I ask to speak to the manager they are always busy, put you on forever hold or straight to lie lol..it's been a circus dealing with them. I don't want to be shameless and go to my local BMW to ask them to track this vehicle lol
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #16
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

And some of the cars (like me Canadian order) right is at Cuxhaven since end of March, no further updates
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #17
E_R_S_M4_Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's as if we have the same person..every time I ask to speak to the manager they are always busy, put you on forever hold or straight to lie lol..it's been a circus dealing with them. I don't want to be shameless and go to my local BMW to ask them to track this vehicle lol
I'd just like to find a SA that would be willing to do me a solid.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2022, 04:37 PM   #18
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmssmm View Post
And some of the cars (like me Canadian order) right is at Cuxhaven since end of March, no further updates
Yeah that's due to recall/stop sales, totally another story
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 07:24 PM   #19
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:
I'd just like to find a SA that would be willing to do me a solid.
I’m sorry not all have the same good relationship with their CA & dealerships. Not sure I could spend this kind of money if I didn’t trust.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 09:08 AM   #20
E_R_S_M4_Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So, thanks to my friend, I got an update today that my car is "At Port" again. I am thinking I may be one of those folks who was at Krefeld and was "In Transit" to Bremerhaven now that I am showing "At Port" again. At least, that's what I hope.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2022, 09:14 AM   #21
G82Anxious
At The Port
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So, thanks to my friend, I got an update today that my car is "At Port" again. I am thinking I may be one of those folks who was at Krefeld and was "In Transit" to Bremerhaven now that I am showing "At Port" again. At least, that's what I hope.
BMW site still show in transit? I think me and you were on the same train to Bremerhaven if that's the case..wish I could have a more detail location of the car..

I see my car GPS just updated. I am at Grauwallring 2, 27580 BREMERHAVEN.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 10:44 AM   #22
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
BMW site still show in transit? I think me and you were on the same train to Bremerhaven if that's the case..wish I could have a more detail location of the car..

I see my car GPS just updated. I am at Grauwallring 2, 27580 BREMERHAVEN.
Getting there! Slowlyyyyyyyy
Appreciate 1