BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-14-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Harmon Kardon Deleted

Just spoke to my dealer, he mentioned the Harmon Kardon systems are being deleted from quite a few of their new orders. No M models yet, but it's concerning to me. Most of time I like to hear the car, but I love music and there are days when I want decent sound.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Personally, the lack of HK would be a deal breaker for me. Yes, I am buying the car for its performance, but am also buying a 'vert so I am getting a grand tourer at the end of the day.

The BW and HK systems have been getting pulled from a lot of BMWs lately. My wife's most desired option in her 2020 X5 was the BW sound system and it has since been pulled, along with the HK, from the current X5 and X7. I could not stomach spending that much on a vehicle and getting the most basic of stereos as the sole option.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:35 PM   #3
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
Personally, the lack of HK would be a deal breaker for me. Yes, I am buying the car for its performance, but am also buying a 'vert so I am getting a grand tourer at the end of the day.

The BW and HK systems have been getting pulled from a lot of BMWs lately. My wife's most desired option in her 2020 X5 was the BW sound system and it has since been pulled, along with the HK, from the current X5 and X7. I could not stomach spending that much on a vehicle and getting the most basic of stereos as the sole option.
I hear you. I have the BW system in my current M550, it's very good. I at least want the HK in my M3 order. (March build). I think I'd probably walk away from the deal if it gets deleted.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:42 PM   #4
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

So….. Did you pull the order?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 02:29 AM   #5
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
We got the BW in the 2020 X5 before the cuts and the M4 order is still being tracked with HK, so I have not taken any action.
Appreciate 1
BardG211.50
      01-15-2022, 07:08 AM   #6
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We got the BW in the 2020 X5 before the cuts and the M4 order is still being tracked with HK, so I have not taken any action.
Good to hear on both counts. At the risk of being snobby, I hope they dedicate resources (chip sets, etc) to the higher end models such as M cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 01:16 AM   #7
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear on both counts. At the risk of being snobby, I hope they dedicate resources (chip sets, etc) to the higher end models such as M cars.
Indeed. In the current climate, we would not purchase the X5 without at least HK. It is a bit ludicrous (to me) for a high end SUV to be only offered with a base sound system, shortages notwithstanding.
Appreciate 0