Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Screenshot from my SA still says ETA of 2021-12-02 (today). Who wants to place wagers on that happening?
I asked my SA this morning, mine got delayed to Dec 6 lol...
I guess we are on the same truck lol. My ETA was today but delayed to Dec 6 as well. That trailer's gonna worth quite a bit
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      12-03-2021, 12:39 AM   #398
Andymasterx
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
I tried analyzing trends and forecasting what factors contribute to the build timelines. Put simply, there is no consistency and it really is like spinning a roulette wheel.
I called around to several dealerships in my area until I found one that didn't have an allocation list of 12+. The one I went to claimed they are the highest volume ///M dealership in the district and I know the same group also own one other former flagship store.
I put my deposit and order through in the last week of June 2021. Apparently I was 3rd on the list. My build is as follows:
2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Portimao Blue Metallic
Kyalami extended leather
Premium Package
Advanced Driving Assistant Package
Orbit Grey 825m wheels
CF roof delete in favour of moonroof
Interior CF package

Build week 45, car confirmed in production/completed as scheduled (was bumped from initial September, then October build slots)
Called last week and it was at port of exit but this week it was at port of entry. Either the BMW Canada contact centre has wrong information or they shipped it out immediately.
My SA also confirmed that the car is at port of entry but awaiting audio module retrofit.

So all of this could be wrong and my car could still be in Bremerhaven for all I know but I'll just go with what I've been told.
Odd as the timeline seems, I do hope it's accurate and you would get your car ASAP with the audio module fixed. Again much appreciated for you time
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:48 AM   #399
Andymasterx
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmssmm View Post
I'm exactly the same with you, but mine shows a RAM issue on 11/29 and no further progress.
As far as I know the RAM issue is pretty common now. But I guess it won't matter adding a few more weeks to the months we've been waiting. What matters is we get to fully enjoy the car next summer!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #400
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymasterx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmssmm View Post
I'm exactly the same with you, but mine shows a RAM issue on 11/29 and no further progress.
As far as I know the RAM issue is pretty common now. But I guess it won't matter adding a few more weeks to the months we've been waiting. What matters is we get to fully enjoy the car next summer!
Yeah! I'm agree with you, after I contact my SA he said I definitely will get my car next year, also the module will have a big amount arrive Canada in January. Maybe most of us(after 45week I guess)will have our cars next year
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:51 AM   #401
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymasterx View Post
Odd as the timeline seems, I do hope it's accurate and you would get your car ASAP with the audio module fixed. Again much appreciated for you time
Thanks so much - I hope you get your car very soon as well!
We're all in this together lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #402
2022m3xvan
Rep
Drives: 2018 Q5, 2018 GLC 43

hi just joined. my car is week 40 or week 41 with a production date of 10/7. I still have the RAM cases opened on the recall tool site. BMW genius told me my car is in transit but has no more further information. My ETA is supposed to be 12/10 but I don't think it will make it. I am hoping to get the car by end of the year. Does anyone have similar issue or idea? I am in Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #403
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022m3xvan View Post
hi just joined. my car is week 40 or week 41 with a production date of 10/7. I still have the RAM cases opened on the recall tool site. BMW genius told me my car is in transit but has no more further information. My ETA is supposed to be 12/10 but I don't think it will make it. I am hoping to get the car by end of the year. Does anyone have similar issue or idea? I am in Vancouver.
Week 45 here, the recall tool site does show open RAM cases. SA says car is in transit and doesn't see any stop sales... ETA January 12th, but I doubt it
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:20 PM   #404
2022m3xvan
Rep
Drives: 2018 Q5, 2018 GLC 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromotive View Post
Quote:
Week 45 here, the recall tool site does show open RAM cases. SA says car is in transit and doesn't see any stop sales... ETA January 12th, but I doubt it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromotive View Post
Quote:
Do you know where is it for in transit ?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 07:20 AM   #405
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

I just called genius. On Nov 10th I was told I got pushed to week 2. Today I was told it went into production for week 46 and they gave me a VIN. I don't know what to expect at this point but I'm hoping for mid Jan delivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #406
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
I just called genius. On Nov 10th I was told I got pushed to week 2. Today I was told it went into production for week 46 and they gave me a VIN. I don't know what to expect at this point but I'm hoping for mid Jan delivery.
That's fantastic news!! Glad to see they were able to slide it into their production schedule this year. Week 46 means it's already built and in QC, Bremerhaven port or maybe even on a ship. You might want to check your VIN with the recall checker to see if you have any of the chip shortage related retrofits.

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #407
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Love to see your signature all-red G80 come to our next meet! Are you selling you E93?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #408
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Do you know where is it for in transit ?
I have no idea, I'll ask my SA next week.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:08 AM   #409
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Quote:
Love to see your signature all-red G80 come to our next meet! Are you selling you E93?
Lol. Thanks I can't wait either.

As for the e93 no I'm still keeping it. Driving that still puts a smile on my face. Plus who still makes a manual hardtop convertible?
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      12-05-2021, 07:11 AM   #410
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's fantastic news!! Glad to see they were able to slide it into their production schedule this year. Week 46 means it's already built and in QC, Bremerhaven port or maybe even on a ship. You might want to check your VIN with the recall checker to see if you have any of the chip shortage related retrofits.

For some reason they couldn't give me a status or confirm if it was completed. I'll try calling Monday again. I also get a network error after I put in my VIN so I don't know what that means.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 09:51 PM   #411
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

There must have been an issue before as now I can see the RAM module recall.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 10.45.54 PM.png
Views: 253
Size:  119.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 12:06 AM   #412
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There must have been an issue before as now I can see the RAM module recall.

Attachment 2759031
Yeah I have the exact same thing and for many people it's showing up four times.
All we can do is wait now.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #413
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

Quote:
Yeah I have the exact same thing and for many people it's showing up four times.
All we can do is wait now.
Same here, guys. Mine's definitely will be delivered in next year........
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 09:09 PM   #414
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

So I called Genius again today and spoke to someone who was actually in the recall department. He said that the RAM issue wouldn't take long as they do have those modules in stock and that shipping was going to be more of an issue. Also I got confirmation that the car was completed and just has the stop sale on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #415
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So I called Genius again today and spoke to someone who was actually in the recall department. He said that the RAM issue wouldn't take long as they do have those modules in stock and that shipping was going to be more of an issue. Also I got confirmation that the car was completed and just has the stop sale on it.
That's encouraging news - do you know if your car has landed on Canadian soil? Or is it still waiting in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #416
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
That's encouraging news - do you know if your car has landed on Canadian soil? Or is it still waiting in Germany?
I'm impatiently waiting for news from my SA and haven't heard anything new for weeks. She has sent me screenshots of emails that she's sending out basically pleading for updates and she's not being given any info from higher-ups. Feel kind of bad for her as she is expecting 3 other M cars in addition to mine, all supposed to be December delivery.

My 2021-12-02 date came and went and nothing has changed with my order for nearly a month now. Pretty sure it's still sitting in a parking lot at the port in Germany and the RAM and camera module stop sales are both open for me. July 20th order and it's pretty much guaranteed that my car won't be arriving this year.

The most frustrating part about all of this is that BMW knows exactly where the car is, they know exactly where it will be tomorrow, they probably know exactly what parking stall it's in, what boat it's scheduled to take, and a whole slew of other metrics, but refuse to even give their sales advisors any information to give to their clients. We are all putting $100k+ on the line for these vehicles; it almost feels disrespectful to be given so little information
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 11:39 AM   #417
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

My SA just told me the M4 is at the dealership, picking her up this Thursday hopefully!
Appreciate 4
codestar180.50
Multani61.00
LSP72.00
ct335i119.50
      12-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #418
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

My M3 got to the dealership this morning as well. Getting M-performance parts installed, and then PPF. Taking delivery late this week or early next week. Will share pictures after work!

Update: didn't make it to the dealership before it closed. Here are few pictures send by the PPF installer trying to explain where the cut lines are visible. Car is getting parts installed and PPF done, the red buckets look amazing with TB2, even when the car is dirty.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
codestar180.50
kurosagi1123.00
Multani61.00
ct335i119.50