G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

11-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #375
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Not sure how you are tracking the status as I could only get updates from my SA. I would not worry too much as the ship has left Halifax on Saturday and our car should come soon if you don't have a stop-sale.

Will follow up with my SA in two weeks if not heard back as It takes some time to get on a train. Cars probably haven't pass custom yet.
Only reason I am worried is because I live in Vancouver where the city is completely isolated to rest of Canada via both road and rail due to recent flooding. Trying to figure out how long these “repair” of rail will take and might have to cancel my custom order and try to find in stock M4s depending on the expected delay. My SA told me he would have more detailed info regarding the transportation once the status update to at port which has not happened yet at least on the system.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:27 AM   #376
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post

Only reason I am worried is because I live in Vancouver where the city is completely isolated to rest of Canada via both road and rail due to recent flooding. Trying to figure out how long these "repair" of rail will take and might have to cancel my custom order and try to find in stock M4s depending on the expected delay. My SA told me he would have more detailed info regarding the transportation once the status update to at port which has not happened yet at least on the system.
It sucks… and I hope you are doing okay. Will follow up if I receive an update my SA
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #377
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Only reason I am worried is because I live in Vancouver where the city is completely isolated to rest of Canada via both road and rail due to recent flooding. Trying to figure out how long these “repair” of rail will take and might have to cancel my custom order and try to find in stock M4s depending on the expected delay. My SA told me he would have more detailed info regarding the transportation once the status update to at port which has not happened yet at least on the system.
I'm still waiting for new info. Just spoke to my SA today who showed me a screenshot showing 12/2/2021 arrival but the status is still 193. Doesn't make much sense for it still to be awaiting a ship in Germany and to arrive next week

it's been 193 since at least November 8th
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      11-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #378
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Quote:
Only reason I am worried is because I live in Vancouver where the city is completely isolated to rest of Canada via both road and rail due to recent flooding. Trying to figure out how long these "repair" of rail will take and might have to cancel my custom order and try to find in stock M4s depending on the expected delay. My SA told me he would have more detailed info regarding the transportation once the status update to at port which has not happened yet at least on the system.
I'm still waiting for new info. Just spoke to my SA today who showed me a screenshot showing 12/2/2021 arrival but the status is still 193. Doesn't make much sense for it still to be awaiting a ship in Germany and to arrive next week

I hope your SA is right. However for context, I've been waiting at 193 since Oct 14 and Shinzee, whose ride is only now in transit, had a slightly longer wait at Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 1
codestar180.50
      11-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #379
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
I hope your SA is right. However for context, I've been waiting at 193 since Oct 14 and Shinzee, whose ride is only now in transit, had a slightly longer wait at Bremerhaven.
yep, and both the RAM and camera module recalls are still showing open. here's to hoping it makes it before christmas
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #380
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
What a total disaster how BMW is managing this order system. I just got a call from SA that although my car has changed its status to 198 “in vessel” stage 3 weeks ago, its actually in 193 stage stuck in Germany port waiting for 2 stop sales to be fixed. How is this even possible? They updated the system to 198 but its actually still in germany stuck at 193 stage.

If anyone recall, my car was stuck in 155 QC stages for 6 weeks before dispatching the factory so I thought both stop sales were fixed at the factory during that 6 weeks. Instead the car is still stuck in Germany 9 weeks after build completion and will take even longer as the stop sales are not even fixed. This car was supposed to be a Week 31 build (early Aug) but the earliest time I might be able to get my hands on is prob Feb 2022. I am seriously considering to cancel the order and look for sth else in stock
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #381
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C Xdrive

My car hit 150 today but I have to cancel the order.

On 10.24 my dealer submitted my final spec updates for this week49 allocation, but BMW never processed it, my dealer tried several times to reach out but only heard back last week, they said they will talk to individual team to make the change but today it just went into production with the old spec.
That spec is completely different from mine so I won't pay for it.
Right now they offer me a week5 allocation, but adding 2 months wait is frustrating especially during parts shortage.
I won't blame my dealer since they already did what they could do, BMW should definitely be responsible for this incident and give us a better solution.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #382
Type-S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/E92 M3/E82 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisziqitho View Post
My car hit 150 today but I have to cancel the order.

On 10.24 my dealer submitted my final spec updates for this week49 allocation, but BMW never processed it, my dealer tried several times to reach out but only heard back last week, they said they will talk to individual team to make the change but today it just went into production with the old spec.
That spec is completely different from mine so I won't pay for it.
Right now they offer me a week5 allocation, but adding 2 months wait is frustrating especially during parts shortage.
I won't blame my dealer since they already did what they could do, BMW should definitely be responsible for this incident and give us a better solution.
That sucks

unfortunately, any 'solution' would have to come out of the dealer's gross profit...and given the market, it's hard for them to justify that when there's such a shortage of cars and an abundance of buyers
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #383
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

I am getting the same arriving date from my SA screenshot as well!! Can't wait for next week!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #384
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
I am getting the same arriving date from my SA screenshot as well!! Can't wait for next week!!!
hope you get it! I'd say you're way more likely since you're located in TO. My recalls are still open so that ain't happening for me
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      11-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #385
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
To all those waiting for the car to arrive to BC:

Did you guys hear anything from the dealer how the car is going to be shipped to BC from Halifax with all the roads and railways closure? ETA of highways and railways opening up is not even known meaning it could be months before they reopen? My dealer said they dont have any informations or solution regarding this yet which I find hard to believe as this is crisis level of business disaster for all the german car dealers in BC as their only shipping method was railway.

I am seriously thinking about canceling my order after 4 months wait if it takes 3-4 months to get here from Halifax
CN Rail. Mine is on a car somewhere, updates pending. CN apparently resumed into Vancouver on Thursday.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #386
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Due to unforeseen event I have to cancel my order of 2022 M4 Comp xDrive IOMG exterior KO interior with premium pkg and interior and exterior carbon pkg 826M bicolor wheel.

It will probably arrive Vancouver dealer in about 1-2 months. If any of you want or knows someone looking for allocation of brand new M4 Comp xDrive they can take it from me as I know allocations are hard to find nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #387
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Due to unforeseen event I have to cancel my order of 2022 M4 Comp xDrive IOMG exterior KO interior with premium pkg and interior and exterior carbon pkg 826M bicolor wheel.

It will probably arrive Vancouver dealer in about 1-2 months. If any of you want or knows someone looking for allocation of brand new M4 Comp xDrive they can take it from me as I know allocations are hard to find nowadays.
That sucks. Hope all is ok for you in the grand scheme of things.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #388
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

As an update my Week 45 build has arrived in Canada and is waiting at the Halifax port for the audio module chip stop delivery to be resolved.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #389
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
As an update my Week 45 build has arrived in Canada and is waiting at the Halifax port for the audio module chip stop delivery to be resolved.
Didn't realize RAM were being fixed in Canada. My week 40 is still in Bremerhaven waiting for the RAM. Not sure who I pissed off but I think I may have the longest wait now in purgatory
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #390
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Didn't realize RAM were being fixed in Canada. My week 40 is still in Bremerhaven waiting for the RAM. Not sure who I pissed off but I think I may have the longest wait now in purgatory
Dont feel bad. My week 35 car is still in Germany port waiting for ram and cam stopsales retrofit. Thats why I canceled the order and am looking for someone else to take this order.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 09:53 PM   #391
Andymasterx
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Really curious to see what the timeline of your build looks like. I also have Week 45 build and my dealer showed me 150 on Nov 4, 155 since Nov 16 with no further update as of yesterday. How was your build started, finished and shipped to Canada in one month? Please, sharing will be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 01:18 AM   #392
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

At least some of you who are waiting know where your cars are :

Are the trains running? Is it under water? Has a slide taken it out? Who knows!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #393
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Screenshot from my SA still says ETA of 2021-12-02 (today). Who wants to place wagers on that happening?
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      12-02-2021, 10:54 AM   #394
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymasterx View Post
Really curious to see what the timeline of your build looks like. I also have Week 45 build and my dealer showed me 150 on Nov 4, 155 since Nov 16 with no further update as of yesterday. How was your build started, finished and shipped to Canada in one month? Please, sharing will be much appreciated.
I tried analyzing trends and forecasting what factors contribute to the build timelines. Put simply, there is no consistency and it really is like spinning a roulette wheel.
I called around to several dealerships in my area until I found one that didn't have an allocation list of 12+. The one I went to claimed they are the highest volume ///M dealership in the district and I know the same group also own one other former flagship store.
I put my deposit and order through in the last week of June 2021. Apparently I was 3rd on the list. My build is as follows:
2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Portimao Blue Metallic
Kyalami extended leather
Premium Package
Advanced Driving Assistant Package
Orbit Grey 825m wheels
CF roof delete in favour of moonroof
Interior CF package

Build week 45, car confirmed in production/completed as scheduled (was bumped from initial September, then October build slots)
Called last week and it was at port of exit but this week it was at port of entry. Either the BMW Canada contact centre has wrong information or they shipped it out immediately.
My SA also confirmed that the car is at port of entry but awaiting audio module retrofit.

So all of this could be wrong and my car could still be in Bremerhaven for all I know but I'll just go with what I've been told.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:30 PM   #395
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymasterx View Post
I'm exactly the same with you, but mine shows a RAM issue on 11/29 and no further progress.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 08:34 PM   #396
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Screenshot from my SA still says ETA of 2021-12-02 (today). Who wants to place wagers on that happening?
I asked my SA this morning, mine got delayed to Dec 6 lol...
Appreciate 0