Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #45
Murf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3C - Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Hello. I just ordered mine from x-ph. My G82 is going to be lowered tomorrow on Eibach springs (20mm). Anyone who has lowered their car installed this? I am guessing I will need some sort of a lift?
Its tight but no need for a lift.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 11:52 AM   #46
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Its tight but no need for a lift.
Thanks. 👍 Can't wait for the controller.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #47
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Can someone link to vetteflier 's mod for those of us that are new to the G80? TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 10:36 AM   #48
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Can someone link to vetteflier 's mod for those of us that are new to the G80? TIA
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1829847
Appreciate 1
Salespunk1741.00
      10-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #49
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

I'm not a handy guy at all lol and scared to tinker with the car but I just got quoted 225 at a tuner shop who told me they'd drop the muffler and it'd take an hour and a half

Am I going to get the same answer everywhere or is he taking advantage of me because I said I'm not handy lol

Not going to blast the shop so I'm not going to mention names

Also i got the default set to factory and on set to open

This means that when I get into the car, the car will work as intended (change setting with I drive) and then when I activate it, the valve opens regardless of Idrive. Correct?
      10-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #50
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamion117 View Post
I'm not a handy guy at all lol and scared to tinker with the car but I just got quoted 225 at a tuner shop who told me they'd drop the muffler and it'd take an hour and a half

Am I going to get the same answer everywhere or is he taking advantage of me because I said I'm not handy lol

Not going to blast the shop so I'm not going to mention names

Also i got the default set to factory and on set to open

This means that when I get into the car, the car will work as intended (change setting with I drive) and then when I activate it, the valve opens regardless of Idrive. Correct?
I'm not handy and it took me 10 min. No lift. No dropping exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #51
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Am I going to get the same answer everywhere or is he taking advantage of me because I said I'm not handy lol . . .
Wamion117

I am very confused by your post???

So, it seems you have a local shop that will drop your muffler for $225 . . . I interpret that as you are looking to get a muffler delete and they will do that for $225 (in 1.5h).

Is that correct?

If so, I do not have much to offer, as I am not sure what goes into a muffler delete . . . but it does seem EXTREMELY inexpensive for the project at hand.

This thread is about the VSC-2 and you seem to mention valve control in the second part of your post, but I am not sure what you are asking, or how it pertains to the first part of your post about the muffler???

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:34 PM   #52
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:

Am I going to get the same answer everywhere or is he taking advantage of me because I said I'm not handy lol . . .
Wamion117

I am very confused by your post???

So, it seems you have a local shop that will drop your muffler for $225 . . . I interpret that as you are looking to get a muffler delete and they will do that for $225 (in 1.5h).

Is that correct?

If so, I do not have much to offer, as I am not sure what goes into a muffler delete . . . but it does seem EXTREMELY inexpensive for the project at hand.

This thread is about the VSC-2 and you seem to mention valve control in the second part of your post, but I am not sure what you are asking, or how it pertains to the first part of your post about the muffler???

///AVM
No I'm doing nothing but installing the VSC…that's why what they said to me made absolutely no sense

I asked if they'd install it for me, sent him the link and instructions. He told me they'd drop the muffler to install it and I said what? And he said it'll take 2 hours.

I assume they'd drop the muffler, go on lunch break, put the muffler back on and then install the VSC then charge me 225
      10-21-2021, 02:00 PM   #53
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMO91 View Post
. . . This does actually throw codes, it wont show a check engine light but when I used the code reader on JB4 it shows

which seem to be codes for the exhaust valves. . . I'm still waiting on my Valvetronic midpipe and I think paired with this controller it should be the best combo . . .
KevinMO91

Yes, for those who have not opened valves it is a subtle, yet, apparent difference. As stated previously, it does not offer increased decibels, just constant access to maximal decibels . . . which equates to perception of increased decibels.

I actually think the stock G80C acoustics are fantastic, both what emanates from under the hood and out the exhaust pipes. Not chasing louder BUT, if I were . . . I suspect the mid-pipe with VSC-2 would provide just about the perfect retention of stock tone with a bit more decibels.

The only exhaust mod I have not heard and I am interested to hear is the muffler delete, e.g., AWE Track exhaust if/when it is ever released.

///AVM
I have the Valvetronic midpipe and I bought the controller too but my guy said not to bother fitting it. It won't make a difference. Maybe it would have the valves fully open as opposed to partially open but I drive around in sport plus and it seems like the valves are pretty much open. Definitely a lot more burbles anyway now with the mid pipe.

Do you think the controller would add much more on top of the existing stock valve control?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #54
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No I'm doing nothing but installing the VSC…
Gotcha . . . well, the VSC-2 is a 10-15 minute install.

Requires no special tools, expertise or insight, other than what others have shared in this thread . . . you can do it.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #55
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Do you think the controller would add much more on top of the existing stock valve control?
barryc365

I am not sure the valves are ever fully opened in the stock set-up . . . never been able to identify fully opened valve when unplugging actuator at full throttle. Further, the valves are only transiently open with stock set-up, even at full throttle. vetteflier, myself and others have confirmed.

As we have stated many times, valve mod does not offer increased decibels. It offers MAXIMAL decibels ALL the time. This will be PERCEIVED as increased decibels because you are going from intermittently to constantly being exposed to maximal decibels.

The valve mod (whether vetteflier method or VSC-2) is absolutely noticeable over stock and most appreciated with low-to-moderate throttle. When you get into the higher throttle range the mod becomes less appreciable over stock set-up. . . remains noticeable nonetheless.

So, to answer your question, the valve mod absolutely adds to the stock set-up. Nothing profound, but absolutely real/perceptible. You have little-to-nothing to lose by trying it yourself.

I predict that with your mid-pipe mod the valve mod will be EVEN MORE noticeable than with stock system . . . call it an educated hunch.

In terms of the mid-pipe and burbles . . . I had MPE placed on my F87C and thought is was good. What I did NOT like about MPE and most aftermarket exhaust mods is that they tend to accentuate the burps and burbles more than anything else . . . I am not a fan of the obnoxious burps and burbles.

Overall, I think the stock G80/82 exhaust tone is fabulous. The decibels are good and made just a little better by valve mod.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 10-21-2021 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 2
barryc3651947.00
      12-11-2021, 04:15 PM   #56
Asmooth0101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus rx350

Vsc 2 installed

Did this mod today. Probably took 30 mins.
Likely because of tight space under car without ramps. But after spending a few mins figuring out what I needed to do, the rest was easy. Thanks to everyone for the tips. Didn't remove heat shield - used a wire hanger. Overall, definitely doable by anyone even without a lift or ramps. I didn't want to go after market exhaust because I was afraid it would be too loud for my liking. This mod is perfect for What I was looking for.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #57
Murf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmooth0101 View Post
Likely because of tight space under car without ramps. But after spending a few mins figuring out what I needed to do, the rest was easy. Thanks to everyone for the tips. Didn't remove heat shield - used a wire hanger. Overall, definitely doable by anyone even without a lift or ramps. I didn't want to go after market exhaust because I was afraid it would be too loud for my liking. This mod is perfect for What I was looking for.
Now code the controls to your mirror buttons and you're done!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #58
Picturesque
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Would my old VSC-2 off my F80 work on the G80?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #59
Asmooth0101
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Quote:
Now code the controls to your mirror buttons and you're done!
Forgot to mention, I did that as well. It's a great feature to have the control available right there, but I doubt I will ever turn it off.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #60
Asmooth0101
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturesque View Post
Would my old VSC-2 off my F80 work on the G80?
I think so. I think the directions were actually not for the g80 but for some other bmw model so I am assuming they use the same connectors/parts for the actuator
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2021, 04:23 AM   #61
Picturesque
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
I think so. I think the directions were actually not for the g80 but for some other bmw model so I am assuming they use the same connectors/parts for the actuator
Great stuff thanks bud.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #62
Asmooth0101
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturesque View Post
Quote:
Great stuff thanks bud.
https://speedindustry.com/images/upl...Guide%20v3.pdf
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #63
JoshuaevansF87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Product link?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #64
S58King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 CX

Just ordered
Default setting:Factory
Activated: Open
excited on getting this for my car to be honest
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 04:34 PM   #65
Nicks2051
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp X

ashiifi - ordering VSC-2

ashiifi,

I'm in WI (Madison), 2022 M3 Comp. I'm getting a active autowerks exhaust put on this spring. Wil the VSC-2 still work? Aso, the website doesn't say it will work with our G80's but judging by these posts it still does.

Which option should I select from:

Wiring Configurat​ion
Standard wiring (all M3 & M4, all X5M & X6M, M2 comp)
or
Modified wiring for dual valve exhaust on single valve wired cars (+$118.00)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 08:02 PM   #66
Murf
Captain
Rep

Standard wiring.
Appreciate 0