BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
Oeon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Stop Sale - Oxnard, California/Port Hueneme

Hello following suit with the other VPC/port specific thread. Please post any updates regarding Port Hueneme/Oxnard stop sales.

I have been here for 5 weeks with the RAM stop sale.

2022 M3 Comp xDrive. Build week 29

2022 AWD G80 M3 Comp | Week 29 Build | BSM w/ Fiona Red
Appreciate 3
Limegrntaln13020.00
      09-27-2021, 06:46 PM   #2
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeon View Post
Hello following suit with the other VPC/port specific thread. Please post any updates regarding Port Hueneme/Oxnard stop sales.

You've been at Port Hueneme 5 weeks?! Shit that's gotta be painful! Sorry man. Hopefully it's released before too much longer. Mine will be coming through there at some point too. Hopefully this is better sorted out by that time.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13020.00
      09-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #3
Oeon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Quote:

You've been at Port Hueneme 5 weeks?! Shit that's gotta be painful! Sorry man. Hopefully it's released before too much longer. Mine will be coming through there at some point too. Hopefully this is better sorted out by that time.
Yes there's going to be limited supply of RAM available October but from all the updates I've got they have told me there's a back log of 500-600 BMWs at Oxnard with the stop sale waiting for parts.
The genius I spoke with a week or two ago said to expect it to be the norm to wait around 6.5 weeks from when your work order starts at Oxnard till you get it resolved and they expect this to run into 2023. Apparently a semiconductor factory in Japan had a lot of their employees hit by covid and then shortly after part of the factory burned down—and there aren't very many semiconductor plants around.

Appreciate 4
      09-27-2021, 06:55 PM   #4
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Quote:

Yes there's going to be limited supply of RAM available October but from all the updates I've got they have told me there's a back log of 500-600 BMWs at Oxnard with the stop sale waiting for parts.
The genius I spoke with a week or two ago said to expect it to be the norm to wait around 6.5 weeks from when your work order starts at Oxnard till you get it resolved and they expect this to run into 2023. Apparently a superconductor factor in Vietnam had a lot of their employees hit by covid and then shortly after part of the factory burned down.
Absolutely insane! Thanks for the heads up. Hope you get your car before too long dude.
Appreciate 1
Oeon105.50
      09-28-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I'm crushed. My car will be there on the 6th. Guess it's a waiting game.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #6
Oeon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
If you call the genius you can ask them if your car has the stop sale. Hopefully you don't. Bmw prioritizes their production line and some of the newer build weeks don't have stop sales.

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13020.00
      09-28-2021, 12:35 PM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
If you call the genius you can ask them if your car has the stop sale. Hopefully you don't. Bmw prioritizes their production line and some of the newer build weeks don't have stop sales.
My CA told me I had one. I'm going to call Genius, now, because the last time I called them, to see what vessel I was going to be on, they said I didn't. My car is an M4. Different assembly plant from the M3, but we will see.

Edit: I called Genius, they dont know. Id have to call back when the car hits the port to find out more information.

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 09-28-2021 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 06:24 PM   #8
BMW41049
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i 2021

Quote:

Our 2022 M850i arrived at VDC Oxnard at the end of August so were looking at about 4 weeks now. They tell me were waiting for a Bowers and Wilkins RAM, waiting sucks and this is my wife's car. So from what I read here from Oeon if were lucky it might be another two and a half weeks. Everything was going smooth with this car. We ordered it and two months later it arrived at Port Hueneme and transferred to VDC the next day. After that Twilight Zone.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 08:37 PM   #9
Oeon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My CA told me I had one. I'm going to call Genius, now, because the last time I called them, to see what vessel I was going to be on, they said I didn't. My car is an M4. Different assembly plant from the M3, but we will see.

Edit: I called Genius, they dont know. Id have to call back when the car hits the port to find out more information.
What is your build week. Some of the newer build weeks haven't been affected. I'm week 29 for reference.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:39 PM   #10
Oeon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW41049 View Post
Quote:

Our 2022 M850i arrived at VDC Oxnard at the end of August so were looking at about 4 weeks now. They tell me were waiting for a Bowers and Wilkins RAM, waiting sucks and this is my wife's car. So from what I read here from Oeon if were lucky it might be another two and a half weeks. Everything was going smooth with this car. We ordered it and two months later it arrived at Port Hueneme and transferred to VDC the next day. After that Twilight Zone.
Yeah it's terrible. My guess is first or second week of October for both of us but who knows. I haven't actually seen any RAM stop sales resolved—I'll have more faith when I see the ball rolling.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:43 PM   #11
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is your build week. Some of the newer build weeks haven't been affected. I'm week 29 for reference.
I'm build week 34. I was just talking to a guy who had his 22 M3 Comp arrive after yours and he took delivery a few weeks ago, like on the 10th, if I remember, correctly.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:46 PM   #12
Oeon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm build week 34. I was just talking to a guy who had his 22 M3 Comp arrive after yours and he took delivery a few weeks ago, like on the 10th, if I remember, correctly.
Yeah from my build week it seemed like I was the only one on the thread stuck with a stop sale. Week 27 has a ton of stop sales. Including aford who's been waiting for the RAM stop sale for like 7 weeks or something crazy like that.

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13020.00
      09-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #13
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah from my build week it seemed like I was the only one on the thread stuck with a stop sale. Week 27 has a ton of stop sales. Including aford who's been waiting for the RAM stop sale for like 7 weeks or something crazy like that.
I'm just hoping my CA is going off a previous build.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 12:20 PM   #14
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
I'll round out week 10 on Monday. I too am closely watching all the ports for some sign that folks are making it out of this mess.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13020.00
      09-29-2021, 11:34 PM   #15
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
I'll round out week 10 on Monday. I too am closely watching all the ports for some sign that folks are making it out of this mess.
10 weeks at the port? Holy Hell!! There should be a discount in order.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 06:08 AM   #16
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
10 weeks at the port? Holy Hell!! There should be a discount in order.
Indeed. Unpleasant experience.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13020.00
      10-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #17
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Any update on anyones cars? Ill be at the port in 4 days. Am I waiting for another 30-45 days? Man, that would suck.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 09:52 PM   #18
BMW41049
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i 2021

Quote:
Any update on anyones cars? Ill be at the port in 4 days. Am I waiting for another 30-45 days? Man, that would suck.
We're waiting on a RAM for our M850i and have been at VDC for 31 days. Some guys have been waiting longer. Good luck to you.
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2021, 10:21 PM   #19
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW41049 View Post
We're waiting on a RAM for our M850i and have been at VDC for 31 days. Some guys have been waiting longer. Good luck to you.
They need to be offering discounts to people that are waiting that long. Is your 850 a 21 or a 22?

Appreciate 1
      10-02-2021, 10:33 PM   #20
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
They need to be offering discounts to people that are waiting that long. Is your 850 a 21 or a 22?
if its *only* been there since august...you'd have to think its a '22. but yeah...there are folks that have '21s that havent gotten their cars yet. they DEFINITELY deserve some type of rebate.
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2021, 10:41 PM   #21
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
if its *only* been there since august...you'd have to think its a '22. but yeah...there are folks that have '21s that havent gotten their cars yet. they DEFINITELY deserve some type of rebate.
I know of a guy on the east coast, that ordered his car in April, and just got it in August. I wouldnt even take delivery. The car has already depreciated before you even took delivery. Although, I see used ones on Cars.com, for over $100K without Carbon buckets or CCBs.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 12:01 AM   #22
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
I know of a guy on the east coast, that ordered his car in April, and just got it in August. I wouldnt even take delivery. The car has already depreciated before you even took delivery. Although, I see used ones on Cars.com, for over $100K without Carbon buckets or CCBs.
thats the thing...in *normal* times, we'd all just move on and never take delivery of a '21 in Oct/Nov of '21. but...if it were normal times..we'd not have to be waiting like that. so there's really no depreciation hit for the foreseeable future. AND...if you really want the car (or ANY sports car, for that matter)...youre gonna have to get back in line or pony up for the premium to get it.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13020.00