BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

My G80 Order

Hi together,

So I try my very best to write understandable how I configured and actually also ordered my G80, i'm happy to have some opinions on it as there are 2 things which I am uncertain:

1. The interior color. Silverstone/Black matches with Frozen Dark Grey of the Car?

2. The Wheels. Black just gives a good amount of contrast on the car...altough i like much more the design of the 825M Orbitgrey Wheels but I think it would look awful to have grey wheels with a grey car...what do you think?

So here the list and price:

51AY M3 Limousine CHF 113'700
490 Frozen Dark Grey CHF 4'600
LKIA Leather Merino Silverstone/Black CHF 440

1U0 19"/20" M Wheels 826 M Black CHF 2'470
322 Comfort Access CHF 760
3M5 M Compound Brakes, Red CHF 440
3MF BMW Individual Lights Shadowline CHF 380
420 Sun protecting (Black Windows rear) CHF 550
4MC Interior carbon fibre CHF 1'590
5DN Parking Assistant Plus CHF 1'330
688 Harman/Kardon Sorround Sytem CHF 700
6NW Wireless Charging Mobile Phone CHF 570
71C Carbon fibre exterieur CHF 5'960
7CH 4 Years Warranty CHF 1'550
7M9 Shadow Line exterieur CHF 440
ZF5 Technology Package CHF 2'900
- Laserlight
- Head up Display
- Live Cockpit Professional

Total: CHF: 138'440

a little more than 20% discount on that which makes it 110k CHF.
Would be 121k USD.
Yes, the prices here are a lot higher...but taxes included.
I hate this big difference...
Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR10710.50
VIERsr2620.50
      10-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

frozen dark grey will look hot! Nice build Looking forward to seeing it when you eventually get it.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      10-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Very Nice !!!
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      10-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
... there are 2 things which I am uncertain:

1. The interior color. Silverstone/Black matches with Frozen Dark Grey of the Car?

2. The Wheels. Black just gives a good amount of contrast on the car...altough i like much more the design of the 825M Orbitgrey Wheels but I think it would look awful to have grey wheels with a grey car...what do you think?
Nice!

Here's my input:

1. I think it'll look just fine with Silverston/Black but I suggest you go with Orange/Black specially since the exterior is frozen I would want an interior color that pops!

2. I think grey wheels on grey exterior will work well. This is what it looks like on Brooklyn Grey so it would be as good (if not better) on Frozen Dark Grey in my opinion:

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      10-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #5
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Thank you very much for your inputs !
I still have time to think about the wheels, maybe if i'm lucky enough I get to see them live so I can decide then.
On Brooklyn Grey they look really awesome, just not sure how they will match a darker grey...difficult to imagine.

An offtopic question you may know:
Can someone explain why the prices vary THAT much from Country to Country?
I'm still shocked that in Canada for example I would pay nearly the half than here....
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 12:05 PM   #6
CCM11285
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 G82

Quote:
Thank you very much for your inputs !
I still have time to think about the wheels, maybe if i'm lucky enough I get to see them live so I can decide then.
On Brooklyn Grey they look really awesome, just not sure how they will match a darker grey...difficult to imagine.

An offtopic question you may know:
Can someone explain why the prices vary THAT much from Country to Country?
I'm still shocked that in Canada for example I would pay nearly the half than here....
Less taxes in Canada and US
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #7
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM11285 View Post
Less taxes in Canada and US
How much is it then there? we have 7.7% which is pretty low compared to germany who has 19%.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #8
dwz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Wow 120k USD for a M3
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 06:11 PM   #9
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwz View Post
Wow 120k USD for a M3
unfortunately this are the prices here...
the competitors are the same, mostly even more expensive.. (Audi, Mercedes, Porsche clearly...)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #10
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

nice spec ... are all options a la carte in switzerland? Most creature comfort stuff (at least for the 1st model year) is bundled into chunky packages in Canada. Resulting in situation where getting the $$$$ "ultimate package" is the only way to get gesture control and display key!

Interesting the big discount you can source over there, is it how most car dealer pricing work there? also.. this "7CH 4 Years Warranty CHF 1'550" is extended warranty or the car doesn't come with warranty!?!?

and yes i would echo the comment to get a colorful interior.. its a M3 after all. My heart is set on the press launch combo of sao paolo yellow on yas marinas blue on my G82 order

re: pricing differential... it's typically not directly FX translated as 1) companies would hedge years ahead and 2) it'd be more PPP based than FX based... Obv in a wealthy place like CH everything gonna cost more, but America is so cheap also due to the best economies of scale. You don't see that effect as obvious in China prices due to very heavy import car tariff. Canada actually not that cheap as there's a decent FX translation in most car prices and income here isn't as high as US. E.g. my M4 build (not *fully* loaded) comes out to 102k cad. Optically looks good as prices here don't include tax, and very few of us earn USD while living in Canada so the FX "savings" is a moot point.

Sales tax in Canada vary by province.. where I am it's 13%. The worst is in British Columbia where there's also a luxury car tax for stuff over 125k. I assume in Europe there's carbon tax too for ICE vehicles that jack up the prices?
      10-24-2020, 03:46 AM   #11
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
nice spec ... are all options a la carte in switzerland? Most creature comfort stuff (at least for the 1st model year) is bundled into chunky packages in Canada. Resulting in situation where getting the $$$$ "ultimate package" is the only way to get gesture control and display key!

Interesting the big discount you can source over there, is it how most car dealer pricing work there? also.. this "7CH 4 Years Warranty CHF 1'550" is extended warranty or the car doesn't come with warranty!?!?

and yes i would echo the comment to get a colorful interior.. its a M3 after all. My heart is set on the press launch combo of sao paolo yellow on yas marinas blue on my G82 order

re: pricing differential... it's typically not directly FX translated as 1) companies would hedge years ahead and 2) it'd be more PPP based than FX based... Obv in a wealthy place like CH everything gonna cost more, but America is so cheap also due to the best economies of scale. You don't see that effect as obvious in China prices due to very heavy import car tariff. Canada actually not that cheap as there's a decent FX translation in most car prices and income here isn't as high as US. E.g. my M4 build (not *fully* loaded) comes out to 102k cad. Optically looks good as prices here don't include tax, and very few of us earn USD while living in Canada so the FX "savings" is a moot point.

Sales tax in Canada vary by province.. where I am it's 13%. The worst is in British Columbia where there's also a luxury car tax for stuff over 125k. I assume in Europe there's carbon tax too for ICE vehicles that jack up the prices?
First of all thank you for this very detailed post of yours!

Here in Switzerland as you see yes most is "a la carte", even the wheels which I saw in canada the 19/20 is already included. Default wheel spec is 18 front 19 back.
The gesture package and Laserlight and so on is in the Technology Paket for 2900 CHF.

Regarding the discount: You usually never pay the price which is listed, you always get discount but it differs from dealer and also from the car manufactor. At BMW I have a 13% "Fleet Discount" which my company where I work has negotiated with BMW directly. On top of that the dealer himself gave me as much as he could resulting in about a 20% discount which I would say is pretty nice.

Default warranty in Switzerland is 3yrs/100'000km, as my lease will be over 4 yrs i decided to add it just to be on the safe side

Well SPY with YM interior of course is pretty awesome ! the exterior for me is decided, i first wanted to go with IOMG but when I saw the frozen dark grey I just fell in love... so interior Orange in your opinion? YM would look strange i guess

OK very interesting facts about the prices, thank you !

Well what we pay directly is on the car itself the 7.7% VAT.
After that we pay yearly taxes based on the weight and the cubic capacity of the car (had to google this word, hope i'ts correct).
In the case of the M3 I would pay every year about 600 CHF taxes.
but this depends on which area you live in Switzerland.

I guess in the end the price is OK, we also have free service for the car up to 100'000KM and free pieces replacement for max 3yrs/100'000km (for example brakes). So at least 3 yrs you have very little costs on the car itself for maintenance.

But just to say, alone the options which are "a la carte" pushed up the price of the car form 113'000 to 138'000, so 25k only optional stuff...
But when I buy a car like this I want it exactly the way I like it soo...
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 08:09 AM   #12
Bimmr7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/G80 M3 Comp on Ord

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
First picture makes me want to add Laser Lights just for the contrast with my Brooklyn Grey Build.

As for OP:
Orbit Grey Wheels
Red Calipers
Carbon Interior
Lose Full Leather Option
Parking assist
Orange Interior
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      10-24-2020, 06:13 PM   #13
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
First of all thank you for this very detailed post of yours!

Here in Switzerland as you see yes most is "a la carte", even the wheels which I saw in canada the 19/20 is already included. Default wheel spec is 18 front 19 back.
The gesture package and Laserlight and so on is in the Technology Paket for 2900 CHF.

Regarding the discount: You usually never pay the price which is listed, you always get discount but it differs from dealer and also from the car manufactor. At BMW I have a 13% "Fleet Discount" which my company where I work has negotiated with BMW directly. On top of that the dealer himself gave me as much as he could resulting in about a 20% discount which I would say is pretty nice.

Default warranty in Switzerland is 3yrs/100'000km, as my lease will be over 4 yrs i decided to add it just to be on the safe side

Well SPY with YM interior of course is pretty awesome ! the exterior for me is decided, i first wanted to go with IOMG but when I saw the frozen dark grey I just fell in love... so interior Orange in your opinion? YM would look strange i guess

OK very interesting facts about the prices, thank you !

Well what we pay directly is on the car itself the 7.7% VAT.
After that we pay yearly taxes based on the weight and the cubic capacity of the car (had to google this word, hope i'ts correct).
In the case of the M3 I would pay every year about 600 CHF taxes.
but this depends on which area you live in Switzerland.

I guess in the end the price is OK, we also have free service for the car up to 100'000KM and free pieces replacement for max 3yrs/100'000km (for example brakes). So at least 3 yrs you have very little costs on the car itself for maintenance.

But just to say, alone the options which are "a la carte" pushed up the price of the car form 113'000 to 138'000, so 25k only optional stuff...
But when I buy a car like this I want it exactly the way I like it soo...
cheers for the info.. i guess canadians have it pretty good then Free replacements for wearables is a good bonus, no reason not to track then...

yea i think the YMB interior only really works with SPY paint due to the yellow accents. Silverstone is a fine choice to avoid going boring black and works with almost any paint, but a light grey interior is harder to maintain.. the orange interior is very unique!
      10-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #14
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

So sorry for the delay, pretty busy days

So thank you all for your inputs ! I checked a little bit the pics of the orange interior and i have to give it to you...you are right, it looks awesome!
I hope I get the possibility to see it in person in the upcoming month. If it takes my breath right away I will go with orange :-)

Bimmr7
Most of your suggestion are already in it, except full leather option. I just dont see the point for 2k more to have full leather imo...but i will take a look, thank you !

Can't wait to get the car, will post pictures as soon as I have it :-)
Appreciate 1
Bimmr7205.00
      10-28-2020, 03:12 AM   #15
dgm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E36/E46 M2C

Quote:
So sorry for the delay, pretty busy days

So thank you all for your inputs ! I checked a little bit the pics of the orange interior and i have to give it to you...you are right, it looks awesome!
I hope I get the possibility to see it in person in the upcoming month. If it takes my breath right away I will go with orange :-)

Bimmr7
Most of your suggestion are already in it, except full leather option. I just dont see the point for 2k more to have full leather imo...but i will take a look, thank you !

Can't wait to get the car, will post pictures as soon as I have it :-)
Think Silverstone looks much better than the orange so would stick with it...on the other hand the full leather is a plus, will give a more premium appearance to the interior
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #16
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

I get the chance to see the cars live on the 1st of December, I hope they will have the M3 with the Orange interior so I can judge it in Person.
I think if i'm not sure I will go with Black...Silverstone I just think it will get dirty pretty quick
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 04:14 AM   #17
Flamingi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
Nice spec, there's just one thing I would change: Get the full leather. With the extended leather you will have a (softtouch) plastic dashboard. I think this is not worthy of a car > 100k. If you are at your dealer sit in a G20 without Sensatec dashboard (no stitching) and just feel the material. It's fine in a 50k 318d, but I don't think I would be happy with that in an M3.

As for the interior, in combination with dark grey I don't think you will make a mistake with any of the offered colors.

The price difference is mostly due to tariffs and taxes. The net price gets adjusted for PPP to a certain degree and everything on top is money for your government.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      11-02-2020, 06:32 AM   #18
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Thank you Flamingi for your response !
Im still unsure about the interior...somewhere I have to make a cut, it it would have been additional 1k ok, but the difference is 2'000 which is pretty much for a little more leather...also, won't this be an issue when standing in the sun ?

*edit*
screw it...I go with the full leather option...once in a lifetime car, I want it to have it perfect fit for me !
Still have some time to decide if I go for the Orange...but I guess it will be that, I want a color that pops as the car is pretty dark from the outside (Black wheels, Frozen Dark Grey).

Last edited by Scorp!on; 11-02-2020 at 07:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #19
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
I get the chance to see the cars live on the 1st of December, I hope they will have the M3 with the Orange interior so I can judge it in Person.
I think if i'm not sure I will go with Black...Silverstone I just think it will get dirty pretty quick
Follow...
Where is it possible to see the cars live on 1st Dec?
I'm also interested in seeing your car live when it arrives
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      11-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #20
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Follow...
Where is it possible to see the cars live on 1st Dec?
I'm also interested in seeing your car live when it arrives
Hey there

I go now the 30.11
In Dielsdorf they will show the Car, it is on invitational basis.
Ask your BMW Dealer maybe he can give you a slot too I got mine because I orderer one in Bülach at H.P. Schmid, maybe you know the dealer There are different dates (will be in the building behind the actual Dealer Shop in Dielsdorf)

will be there I think 2 weeks.
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      11-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #21
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

So I had the luck to see the car in flesh today (closed presentation, was basically only for me and my cousin lol) and it was in IOMG and Orange interior.
I was also lucky to see some other cars in Frozen Dark Grey so I was able to compare the colors...

So I changed to IOMG for my order... You guys can't imagine how stunning this color looks in flesh...insane ! Frozen Dark Grey looks quiet boring compared to it even though it is an awesome color!

And the Orange Interior is for sure ! looks insane !!

p.s. I wasn't allowed to make pics as they are the only one having one to present in Switzerland but I can assure all of you...in person this car is absolutely insane, the F80 looks dated af compared to this one.
So happy to get one !!
Will post pics as soon as I have mine !

Cheers guys
Appreciate 2
VIERsr2620.50
      11-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #22
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
So I had the luck to see the car in flesh today (closed presentation, was basically only for me and my cousin lol) and it was in IOMG and Orange interior.
I was also lucky to see some other cars in Frozen Dark Grey so I was able to compare the colors...

So I changed to IOMG for my order... You guys can't imagine how stunning this color looks in flesh...insane ! Frozen Dark Grey looks quiet boring compared to it even though it is an awesome color!

And the Orange Interior is for sure ! looks insane !!

p.s. I wasn't allowed to make pics as they are the only one having one to present in Switzerland but I can assure all of you...in person this car is absolutely insane, the F80 looks dated af compared to this one.
So happy to get one !!
Will post pics as soon as I have mine !

Cheers guys
Great to hear that! I'm also waiting to see IOMG in person but it's going to be hard for me to buy a green car! Maybe I'll change my mind.

I'm glad you like the orange interior as I'm always a fan of loud interior colors (I won't buy one with a black interior even if they offered me $3k off!)

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1510.00