06-10-2015, 11:08 PM   #2399
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I think you're drunk from drinking alone...
Nah 2 pints only ego ipa and firing center red, both top notch.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #2400
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
It wouldn't be sexy to a woman with class and style, not that's you'd know about that. You personally have no style based on pics you've posted of yourself. Louboutins aren't the only thing necessary to have a sense of fashion. You're just posting crap to get desperate and delusional guys fired up, clearly working,

If you actually knew anything about men's style and fashion, you'd know this guy you posted is a total style n00b. You absolutely never button the bottom button of a 2 button suit and his tie sucks.
To me the most hilarious thing is that a price tag is the key.

A person with a real sense of style is not bound by any of those.

You're absolutely right about the suits. I can't stand looking men in them because too many wear then the wrong way. Ties are my other favorite topic since most do a bad knot and never realize the difference.

Money wasted on clothes bought for a tag I end up thinking about most people who assume they have any sense in this matter. I'm glad I actually don't need to dress up often, but when I do, it is not done by the criteria followed here.

Last edited by Lups; 06-10-2015 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2015, 11:26 PM   #2401
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

*before anyone throws a stone at me....*

Ever since I was 19 to early 30ish, I worked for a real strict dress code company base on collar, ties, color of ties+shirts. It makes me puke to waste good 30-45minutes to get dressed.

With the time I worry about my wardrobe , I could've come to work 15minutes earlier.

[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/42/91/0e/42910e2611f2a8b3bd3196a98a2a4499.jpg
[/IMG]

06-10-2015, 11:38 PM   #2402
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Pay attention. This is so sexy to a woman
It wouldn't be sexy to a woman with class and style, not that's you'd know about that. You personally have no style based on pics you've posted of yourself. Louboutins aren't the only thing necessary to have a sense of fashion. You're just posting crap to get desperate and delusional guys fired up, clearly working,

If you actually knew anything about men's style and fashion, you'd know this guy you posted is a total style n00b. You absolutely never button the bottom button of a 2 button suit and his tie sucks.
Again, thanks (I'm the man who wore the suit/IG she took it from).

Considering what I do for a living, I never claimed to be a style guru. I was meeting with some Sony big wigs in London so I had to buy a suit for the occasion.

As far as the tie goes- you must know more than the stylist over at Hugo boss (full suit came as worn). I'll take their advice over yours, especially for a nonformal, business casual meeting in regards to producing for one of their artists.

Lastly- it was only a photo. The coat was off the whole time- so it wasn't like I was walking around London with both buttons buttoned up.

Life lesson- when you're a good looking successful young individual like myself- women don't really care what you wear.
As arrogant and douchey as that sounds, accept it and move on.

FYI- I don't wear suits daily weekly or any of that shit. I record in jeans and a tank top. But I guess in your eyes- that must mean I'm a bum and unsuccessful too- right?
      06-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #2403
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bottom line is, it is your suit. You can wear whatever you prefer regardless of style/dress code.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2462
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

Considering what I do for a living, I never claimed to be a style guru. I was meeting with some Sony big wigs in London so I had to buy a suit for the occasion.

As far as the tie goes- you must know more than the stylist over at Hugo boss (full suit came as worn). I'll take their advice over yours, especially for a nonformal, business casual meeting in regards to producing for one of their artists.

Lastly- it was only a photo. The coat was off the whole time- so it wasn't like I was walking around London with both buttons buttoned up.

Life lesson- when you're a good looking successful young individual like myself- women don't really care what you wear.

FYI- I don't wear suits daily weekly or any of that shit. I record in jeans and a tank top. But I guess in your eyes- that must mean I'm a bum and unsuccessful too- right?
      06-10-2015, 11:47 PM   #2404
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena
Bottom line is, it is your suit. You can wear whatever you prefer regardless of style/dress code.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2462" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.m3post.co...count=2462</a>
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2485" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.m3post.co...count=2485</a>

Quote:

Trust me if it were up to me, I'd burn all the suits I own, and live in sweat pants and a hoodie for the rest of my days (ie when I ordered my m6- I went into the dealer in Walmart jersey sweatpants, golf loafers, and an old sonics tank I had.)

But even I know- it's better to show up in a suit/tie when it comes to dealing with execs of a label than showing up to let's say, a recording studio with the artist themselves.
      06-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #2405
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I also wish I can wear whatever I want. I didn't even bring a suit to Columbus trip.

Oh, dealership guys at a mid-high end to high end can read people regardless of what you wear.
If you remember my May 2nd Mercedes-Benz Invite to see AMG GT, I wore a Old Navy basketball gym shorts, and it was A+ treatment from staff.

Quote:
Trust me if it were up to me, I'd burn all the suits I own, and live in sweat pants and a hoodie for the rest of my days (ie when I ordered my m6- I went into the dealer in Walmart jersey sweatpants, golf loafers, and an old sonics tank I had.)

But even I know- it's better to show up in a suit/tie when it comes to dealing with execs of a label than showing up to let's say, a recording studio with the artist themselves.
      06-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #2406
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Yeah, I also wish I can wear whatever I want. I didn't even bring a suit to Columbus trip.

Oh, dealership guys at a mid-high end to high end can read people regardless of what you wear.
If you remember my May 2nd Mercedes-Benz Invite to see AMG GT, I wore a Old Navy basketball gym shorts, and it was A+ treatment from staff.
They just knew somehow you are cool as shit and have a 99 avalon to trade in?
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #2407
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:

Quote:

That's actually very true.

My friend tagged along since he was looking for a CPO as well, and admittedly- dressed far better than I- was in the showroom before me, but the first person they came up to/spoke to was me.

It's like they have a 6th sense for it
      06-11-2015, 12:01 AM   #2408
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
ALthough that dealership does give good trade-in value (Which I traded Civic Hybrid for my wife's mb yrs back), I would not trade my Avalon. Avalon stays. It was my first DIY confident builder, and I am going to drive it till wheel falls off.

Quote:

My friend tagged along since he was looking for a CPO as well, and admittedly- dressed far better than I- was in the showroom before me, and the first person they came up to/spoke to was me.

I was in auto sales during my school years. Sold the NSX to a guy who wore torn up shirt+jacket. He was driving 77 Celica. Found out he was tenured pilot at United PLUS he owns a 30+ car rental car company.
At that time, I just wanted to sell the NSX, so that I can drive it down to the dealership gas station/pump.
      06-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #2409
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
ALthough that dealership does give good trade-in value (Which I traded Civic Hybrid for my wife's mb yrs back), I would not trade my Avalon. Avalon stays. It was my first DIY confident builder, and I am going to drive it till wheel falls off.

Quote:

My friend tagged along since he was looking for a CPO as well, and admittedly- dressed far better than I- was in the showroom before me, and the first person they came up to/spoke to was me.

I was in auto sales during my school years. Sold the NSX to a guy who wore torn up shirt+jacket. He was driving 77 Celica. Found out he was tenured pilot at United PLUS he owns a 30+ car rental car company.
At that time, I just wanted to sell the NSX, so that I can drive it down to the dealership gas station/pump.
Have you seen the new one???

i was looking to lease an i8 as a second luxury option, however- if they don't mark up the new nsx id gladly cross brand for it/chose that over the i8.
      06-11-2015, 12:14 AM   #2410
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

i was looking to lease an i8 next year as a second luxury option, however- if they don't mark up the new nsx id gladly cross brand for it/chose that over the i8.
I always liked Honda, BMW, and Ferraris. They have a similar R&D path.
Those 3 manufactures were really industry leader on high-revving, high power/L ratio engines. Now they are leaders of MGU-C&K (Hybrid and Turbo).

Judging by how McLaren Honda is doing AND reviews of the new NSX, they are having similar problems. However, V6+hybrid+turbo really attracts me. I just wish BMW i8 had a higher displacement ICE (Internal Combustion Unit).
(Of course, i8 is out of my range).
      06-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #2411
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

I've noticed years ago that if the occasion required a suit and tie, it's never an enjoyable place to be. That of course includes weddings and funerals. If I can't wear what I usually feel like wearing then I'm trying too hard to impress someone that I probably hate. Every big deal I've done in my life was in a t-shirt and golf shorts (jeans when it get a little too cold), shoes optional.
      06-11-2015, 12:17 AM   #2412
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

i was looking to lease an i8 next year as a second luxury option, however- if they don't mark up the new nsx id gladly cross brand for it/chose that over the i8.
I always liked Honda, BMW, and Ferraris. They have a similar R&D path.
Those 3 manufactures were really industry leader on high-revving, high power/L ratio engines. Now they are leaders of MGU-C&K (Hybrid and Turbo).

Judging by how McLaren Honda is doing AND reviews of the new NSX, they are having similar problems. However, V6+hybrid+turbo really attracts me. I just wish BMW i8 had a higher displacement ICE (Internal Combustion Unit).
(Of course, i8 is out of my range).
Have you actually looked into it though (the i8)

The rates are farr better than I could ever imagine a 150k car to be. The hard part is finding a dealer who is willing to waive the mark up.

60k single pay lease for 2 years 12k miles? Count me in.
      06-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #2413
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

150k? I did not know that.
People on the forum was writing 280k ish price range.

Quote:

The rates are farr better than I could ever imagine a 150k car to be. The hard part is finding a dealer who is willing to waive the mark up.

06-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #2414
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
150k? I did not know that.
People on the forum was writing 280k ish price range.

Quote:

Yep, a lot of dealers aren't marking it up anymore.

Big difference between 2k and 3k monthly payments.
      06-11-2015, 04:16 AM   #2415
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
No ties?
Only confident men wear no tie.
I wish I am in the level that I can just wear Gym shorts for multi-billion dollar M&A meeting.

Bezos

Ellison

Ballmer

Marchionne (Who kicked out upscale suit wearing Ferrari Chairman Luca Di Montezemolo playboy)

Marchionne (L), Montezemolo (R)

Pictures I didn't post not limited to: Zuck, Branson, Nadella, Gates, Jobs, Cook, etc.
Money isn't everything
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:46 AM   #2416
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Just curious if you guys/Sara feel as if casual outfit is good for job interviews.

Reason asking just had interview for a company I've been trying for 6 years to get into and I racked my brain for days over an outfit. Ended up wearing shirt/tie/dress pants.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #2417
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeLow View Post
Just curious if you guys/Sara feel as if casual outfit is good for job interviews.

Reason asking just had interview for a company I've been trying for 6 years to get into and I racked my brain for days over an outfit. Ended up wearing shirt/tie/dress pants.
It depends on the industry. Know your industry's expectations. When in doubt always suit up.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #2418
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:

It depends on the industry. Know your industry's expectations. When in doubt always suit up.
It wasn't a professional position I was trying to get so I opted to not suit up but the dress up fit me well.

Railroad industry labor type of job. Let's just say IMO I aced the interview
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #2419
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't a professional position I was trying to get so I opted to not suit up but the dress up fit me well.

Railroad industry labor type of job. Let's just say IMO I aced the interview
Awesome! I hope everything goes well! Fingers crossed for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:27 AM   #2420
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I was in mid-high end automotive sales (car sales) during my school years. Those guys were also really strict on wearing suits, cuff links, and 6 ways to tie a neck ties.

Speaking of suits, I am thinking of buying one off of George Zimmer's new company when it opens. If you remember, he got kicked out of his own company (Men's Warehouse) few yrs back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-another-idea/
hey man, would you suggest someone interested in cars work in a decent dealership during college?
i'm after work ideas that is intriguing to me (barista, waiter etc no ty); i dont need the money either i just dont want to burn my free time when i can be out making money and at least setting myself financially free for some minor stuff from my parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
This is correct. For suits with 2 buttons, only the top should be buttoned. For suits with 3, the top 2 should be buttoned. The jacket should be unbuttoned when sitting and buttoned when standing.
yea, i got this from my mun days
i like wearing suits, but then again ive been doing so since 7th grade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post

without haters, no one's famous
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread