BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition X-drive

M3 Competition X Drive - Portimao Blue with Kyalimi Orange

Today was a fantastic day as I ordered my first M3. It's been great reading the hundreds of threads here to whittle down the best options for me.

The options I went with (Canada):
ZPP - Premium Package:
ZYU - Advance Driving Assistant Package
3MF - Shadowline Headlights
4MC - CF trim
C31 - Portimao Blue
LKKX - Kyalami Orange/Black Merino Leather
1UO - 19"/20" M Forged Wheels, 82

A few thoughts on some options I didn't get which a lot of people seem to love and strongly considered. In the end, I didn't get them due to the reasons below.

Carbon Bucket seats - I found them quite annoying to get in and out of and did not like the middle CF bump. Also really wanted ventilated seats which I don't think are available on the Buckets. In the rare event I go to the track, my poor driving skills will not be hampered by not having them. Finally, my wife hated the seats and basically said she would nix the deal if I got them.

Extended Leather - Given that I went with Kyalami Orange I did not want the dash to be Orange, therefore the extended didn't seem worth it. If I had gone with the silverstone then that might have changed.

That's all for now, will try to update with pics whenever that happens (I'm hoping late 2022).

Special thanks to all the folks who posted pics in the Portimao Blue thread for the awesome pics of PB with KO that convinced me this was the right choice.
Appreciate 4
T0RM3NT3835.50
anakratis647.50
g80z674.50
      03-19-2022, 10:31 PM   #2
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosenberg33 View Post
Today was a fantastic day as I ordered my first M3. It's been great reading the hundreds of threads here to whittle down the best options for me.

ZPP - Premium Package:
4MC - CF trim
C31 - Portimao Blue

A few thoughts on some options I didn't get which a lot of people seem to love and strongly considered. In the end, I didn't get them due to the reasons below.

Carbon Bucket seats - I found them quite annoying to get in and out of and did not like the middle CF bump. Also really wanted ventilated seats which I don't think are available on the Buckets. In the rare event I go to the track, my poor driving skills will not be hampered by not having them. Finally, my wife hated the seats and basically said she would nix the deal if I got them.

Extended Leather - Given that I went with Kyalami Orange I did not want the dash to be Orange, therefore the extended didn't seem worth it. If I had gone with the silverstone then that might have changed.

That's all for now, will try to update with pics whenever that happens (I'm hoping late 2022).

Special thanks to all the folks who posted pics in the Portimao Blue thread for the awesome pics of PB with KO that convinced me this was the right choice.
Congrats! That is a great color combo! When did you get an allocation and what is your build week?
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2022, 08:40 PM   #3
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
Congrats! That is a great color combo! When did you get an allocation and what is your build week?
Shoot missed this question a long time ago. Sorry! I'm just at deposit time. No allocation yet. I'll be in a '23.

In fact, just got the new pricing for the '23. (Canadian Pricing)
Base M3 Competition has gone from 93,500 to 96,400.
For some unknown reason (chip shortage/profits) ventilated seats are a 900 dollar option which I will now have to add on. Oh, and the dealership has raised its Freight and PDI to 2795 from 2395. In Canada they can't sell cars over MSRP therefore they make the Freight and PDI prices as high as possible. An extra 4200 dollars just waiting for the next year's model.

Oh well, it will still be worth it in the end.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 07:18 PM   #4
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey everyone, my car appears to be done production and it's status is KELHEIM EXPORT. My SA says there is one part that will need to catch up with the car either in Germany or Halifax. I'm hoping this means the day is getting closer to delivery. Hopefully 4-6 weeks?

I am trying to line up PPF installer for the car, I asked about getting the front PPF done and this is what he suggested (italics below). Some of it seems superfluous (PPF for CF roof?) as I really thought PPF is most useful on the front and mirrors.

It might be relevant to provide some more info. I'm buying the vehicle, plan to keep it for 4-5 years, then sell it/trade it in at a reasonable price ideally. It will be a daily driver in Ottawa (we have lots of snow and salt) and I have two kids, I feel like no matter what I do the vehicle will get some dings and scratches. This is all new for me as I've only leased vehicles before and have not done PPF. I drive about 4000km per year and have never been damaged any leased vehicle or had a car crash (I'm sure I just jinxed myself ).

Does the suggested work seem like too much? I feel like I would be ok for with full front end only. Prices in Canadian funds.

Thanks for the help in advance. Greatly appreciate your experience with this.

1. Full front end (bumper, lights, full fenders, custom full hood, and mirror caps) - $2300+t (the bumper is super tedious and time consuming.....too many pieces).
2. Piano black rocker panel pieces only (that area sticks out like a Subaru WRX rockers) and in front of the rear wheels ... OEM PPF in that area is useless - $400+t (for both sides)
3. Piano black B-pillars - $120+t (for both sides)
4. Full roof (if made of carbon) - $650+t
5. Luggage area kit (i.e. rear bumper ledge) - $80+t
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3835.50
      11-03-2022, 08:20 PM   #5
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Hey everyone, my car appears to be done production and it's status is KELHEIM EXPORT. My SA says there is one part that will need to catch up with the car either in Germany or Halifax. I'm hoping this means the day is getting closer to delivery. Hopefully 4-6 weeks?

I am trying to line up PPF installer for the car, I asked about getting the front PPF done and this is what he suggested (italics below). Some of it seems superfluous (PPF for CF roof?) as I really thought PPF is most useful on the front and mirrors.

It might be relevant to provide some more info. I'm buying the vehicle, plan to keep it for 4-5 years, then sell it/trade it in at a reasonable price ideally. It will be a daily driver in Ottawa (we have lots of snow and salt) and I have two kids, I feel like no matter what I do the vehicle will get some dings and scratches. This is all new for me as I've only leased vehicles before and have not done PPF. I drive about 4000km per year and have never been damaged any leased vehicle or had a car crash (I'm sure I just jinxed myself ).

Does the suggested work seem like too much? I feel like I would be ok for with full front end only. Prices in Canadian funds.

Thanks for the help in advance. Greatly appreciate your experience with this.

1. Full front end (bumper, lights, full fenders, custom full hood, and mirror caps) - $2300+t (the bumper is super tedious and time consuming.....too many pieces).
2. Piano black rocker panel pieces only (that area sticks out like a Subaru WRX rockers) and in front of the rear wheels ... OEM PPF in that area is useless - $400+t (for both sides)
3. Piano black B-pillars - $120+t (for both sides)
4. Full roof (if made of carbon) - $650+t
5. Luggage area kit (i.e. rear bumper ledge) - $80+t

Im in the US and these prices seems reasonable and even cheaper than here. Are they using Xpel or 3M PPF? What brand is used matters
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #6
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Im in the US and these prices seems reasonable and even cheaper than here. Are they using Xpel or 3M PPF? What brand is used matters
Thanks!

These prices are for XPel. 3M is about 20% cheaper.

Would you suggest going with all the suggested areas? Or is the front sufficient. I've obviously never had a CF roof before so that seemed to be unnecessary but maybe I'm not thinking about it the right way.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #7
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

These prices are for XPel. 3M is about 20% cheaper.

Would you suggest going with all the suggested areas? Or is the front sufficient. I've obviously never had a CF roof before so that seemed to be unnecessary but maybe I'm not thinking about it the right way.
For Xpel, these prices are pretty good. I wasnt gonna go with the B pillars and CF roof but someone pointed out that he had a rock chip on his roof and that PPF protected it. I feel like for the cost Id do everything except the CF roof and should catch 99% of the stuff. The rest if just dumb luck or fate. I wouldnt worry too much
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 11:33 AM   #8
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For Xpel, these prices are pretty good. I wasnt gonna go with the B pillars and CF roof but someone pointed out that he had a rock chip on his roof and that PPF protected it. I feel like for the cost Id do everything except the CF roof and should catch 99% of the stuff. The rest if just dumb luck or fate. I wouldnt worry too much
Perfect, thanks! I think that's what I'll do. Everything that was suggested but the roof.
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2664.00
      11-04-2022, 01:03 PM   #9
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:

ZPP - Premium Package:
4MC - CF trim
C31 - Portimao Blue

Haha good choice on seats. Had a backache like 5 minutes in. For my body specifically, these are the worst bucket seats I've sat in. Lexus (RCF) and Porsche (911) bucket seats are exponentially better. You're not missing much aside for the zoomer OMG COOL FACTOR.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #10
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakratis View Post
Haha good choice on seats. Had a backache like 5 minutes in. For my body specifically, these are the worst bucket seats I've sat in. Lexus (RCF) and Porsche (911) bucket seats are exponentially better. You're not missing much aside for the zoomer OMG COOL FACTOR.
They certainly do look amazing but just not for me. I think that's kind of the nice thing about ordering the cars to your specs. You do what works best for you and your situation (body type, wife that will kill you, etc.)
Appreciate 1
anakratis647.50
      01-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #11
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Arrived in Ottawa today. Just off the truck (it's pretty dirty and was very icy here).

Needs to get PDI, PPF, tints, winter tires/wheels and sell the RS5 so won't get my hands on it for about a week or two. But super excited and I seem to have won the tire lottery too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-07-2023, 11:10 AM   #12
Onestubbornbull
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 2016 435, 2020 F82

Garage List
2023 G82  [0.00]
2023 G82  [0.00]
2021 G06  [0.00]
2020 F82  [0.00]
2009 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Arrived in Ottawa today. Just off the truck (it's pretty dirty and was very icy here).

Needs to get PDI, PPF, tints, winter tires/wheels and sell the RS5 so won't get my hands on it for about a week or two. But super excited and I seem to have won the tire lottery too.
Congrats from a fellow Canadian. Looks gorgeous
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #13
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks! Almost makes it worth the 10 month wait. =D
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 09:26 PM   #14
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Congrats !!! Portimao is beautiful and definitely worth it. Im glad I stuck with the color and didnt change it. Also agree with the extended leather (esp in colder climates with road salt) and the regular seats that really fit well. Enjoy the car and hope u can let it loose after ur 1200 mile breakin soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
reNT265.50
s58551.00
      01-08-2023, 11:09 PM   #15
MichaelB1969
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Base SSG/Fiona

Congrats, enjoy your new ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 06:53 PM   #16
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Congrats !!! Portimao is beautiful and definitely worth it. Im glad I stuck with the color and didnt change it. Also agree with the extended leather (esp in colder climates with road salt) and the regular seats that really fit well. Enjoy the car and hope u can let it loose after ur 1200 mile breakin soon.
Man every time I see shots of the Portimao it makes me more excited. The 50 Jahre roundel looks really good with it. Congrats!

What's your interior colour?
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2664.00
      01-11-2023, 06:57 PM   #17
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB1969 View Post
Congrats, enjoy your new ride!
Thank you! Going tomorrow to the dealership to see it in person. It's like getting to see my kids for the first time but way less mess. =D

I'll see what they'll charge me for PPF and tints (compare it to a local shop) and see how much they'll give me for my RS5 (Audi offering 12500 to buy it back with 8 months left in the lease). Also need to finalize a winter tire package, Ottawa winters are not made for all seasons and 503 hp.

Will hopefully have it all ready for delivery by early next week.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2023, 11:17 PM   #18
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Man every time I see shots of the Portimao it makes me more excited. The 50 Jahre roundel looks really good with it. Congrats!

What's your interior colour?
Went with Fiona Red to complete my superman build !!! Just saw another post on the forum with PB and fiona. I think u cant go wrong with PB. Its such an elegant color
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 06:42 PM   #19
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Went with Fiona Red to complete my superman build !!! Just saw another post on the forum with PB and fiona. I think u cant go wrong with PB. Its such an elegant color
Blue and red go so well together. The Portimao Blue and Kyalami Orange don't look too bad either. Got to see the car at the dealership and I'm absolutely ecstatic with the final package. Still neets PPF, 35% ceramic tint which the dealership will be doing and I'm leaning towards ceramic coating. Would love to get people's thoughts on ceramic coating, as well as what to do for front license plate. Below are some pics for attention and because this forum can't have enough pics of PB M3s.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Aalfred2664.00
      01-12-2023, 08:36 PM   #20
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Blue and red go so well together. The Portimao Blue and Kyalami Orange don't look too bad either. Got to see the car at the dealership and I'm absolutely ecstatic with the final package. Still neets PPF, 35% ceramic tint which the dealership will be doing and I'm leaning towards ceramic coating. Would love to get people's thoughts on ceramic coating, as well as what to do for front license plate. Below are some pics for attention and because this forum can't have enough pics of PB M3s.
Yeah I had a hard time choosing between Kyalami and Fiona and ended up with Fiona which matched the red calipers. I did the full frontal PPF when I picked up my car and am happy with it. I have ceramic and tinting scheduled for 2/14. Your car is beautiful and enjoy it !!!
Appreciate 0