BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-08-2024, 04:02 PM   #1
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Dual Ball bearing hybrid turbos making over 1018whp / 1088tq while spinning violently on the rollers like The Tasmanian devil?

YES PLEASE!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/88...RtMnl3ZTlibw==

https://www.instagram.com/stories/88...gwbzdiN2toNHlj

Hit up RBRacing here on Bimmerpost for additional information.

https://rbracing.net
      05-09-2024, 12:49 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

im a bit confused, the kit says RB turbo but its not the RB turbo website. it also does not list any of the RB turbo products.

Is this the same RB turbo that made the N54 kits? or is RB racing just using a similar name as RB turbo to attract customers?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR144.00
      05-09-2024, 12:59 PM   #3
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
im a bit confused, the kit says RB turbo but its not the RB turbo website. it also does not list any of the RB turbo products.

Is this the same RB turbo that made the N54 kits? or is RB racing just using a similar name as RB turbo to attract customers?
The “RB” in RBracing is the owners Initials and isn’t associated with any company named RB turbos nor does he need to attract customers using anyones name due to the owner already being pretty known amongst the Japanese tuner community.

He’s been on the German side of things for a few years now so this product is one of hopefully many that he’s looking to introduce to the market.
      05-09-2024, 04:56 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

he named the kit "RB TURBOS, UPGRADED TWIN TURBOS, BMW G8X, X3M, X4M, S58" and he is not associated with RB turbo.

We dont offer RB , but that's shady in my opinion.

naming your company RB Racing when you are offering the same products as RB Turbo, which existed 15 years before you, does not look great, but I can give him a pass, I think.

But then when you name the kit RB turbo and you start your product description by using RB turbo as the first 2 words, its too much in my opinion and does not reflect well on the company or the product you are offering.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 05:01 PM   #5
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:
he named the kit "RB TURBOS, UPGRADED TWIN TURBOS, BMW G8X, X3M, X4M, S58" and he is not associated with RB turbo.

We dont offer RB , but that's shady in my opinion
Then he can simply make an edit to his site which is still under construction although it’s up it’s no big deal and I’m sure he doesn’t even know who the company you speak is but once again it’s nothing major just an edit on their part no need to label anyone as shady etc…

Thanks for the heads up though!
      05-09-2024, 05:19 PM   #6
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:

We dont offer RB , but that's shady in my opinion.

naming your company RB Racing when you are offering the same products as RB Turbo, which existed 15 years before you, does not look great, but I can give him a pass, I think.

But then when you name the kit RB turbo and you start your product description by using RB turbo as the first 2 words, its too much in my opinion and does not reflect well on the company or the product you are offering.

Also I just decided to pull up that company site and I see that they sell N54 stuff and an S55 turbo as well and that’s nothing like what RBRacing is offering therefore I think this was a bit of a reach however once again it’s simple adjustments that need to take place and I already informed the powers that be.
      05-10-2024, 11:04 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

I don't think it's an exaggeration to make these claims. I also find it highly unlikely that he would start a turbo company with only one product without market research and discovering that RB Turbo already exists, with 15 years of history, and using the same name and description for the turbo.

I've shared my opinion, and I don't want to continue posting the same comments, so I leave room for other people to comment if they wish.

But I will keep watching for updates on this kit, hopefully its a good option

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 11:45 AM   #8
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:
I don't think it's an exaggeration to make these claims. I also find it highly unlikely that he would start a turbo company with only one product without market research and discovering that RB Turbo already exists, with 15 years of history, and using the same name and description for the turbo.

I've shared my opinion, and I don't want to continue posting the same comments, so I leave room for other people to comment if they wish.

But I will keep watching for updates on this kit, hopefully its a good option
That was just an opinion? Could’ve fooled me because it seemed as if you were telling me this gentleman‘s intent was to rip off another company.

You’re also saying that he is using the same description as the other company when that other company does not offer the turbochargers that this gentleman is selling and that’s just unfair in my opinion however, if that’s what you believe it’s perfectly fine I get it.

I reached out to the owner and told him that they need to update / edit the website once again and hopefully that should avoid any discrepancies or confusion moving forward.

Kind regards,

05-11-2024, 11:53 AM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Yes, that's an opinion.

He uses sketchy tactics with the RB name on the website and RB Turbo in the description. That's my opinion, and if you are not okay with me giving my opinion, you should not post a thread on a car forum, which is meant for people to give their opinion, good or bad.

Again, we don't sell RB, and I never have, and I have no intention of adding them to our catalog. This new brand might be one that we might add to our catalog in the future.

We all make mistakes when we are new, so don't get too defensive. The people that listen to feedback and learn are the ones that make it in the long run. I have been there, and I know a thing or two about building a new business.

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 05-11-2024 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
rons e921439.50
      05-14-2024, 09:14 AM   #10
F85MTuNED
Rep

Once again you’re saying that it’s an opinion yet you’re stating that the man did indeed use “Sketchy tactics” etc…

The man’s name is Ricky Bailey and he happens to be selling turbos and he too has been in the Industry for more than 20 years however not on the German side but that doesn’t matter.

I made it clear that it’s simple editing on his site which is still under construction, although yet still you continue to make someone you don’t know out to be a scumbag? Why? Now you’re turning this into a constructive criticism thing however, in my opinion, if you really wanted to help, you could’ve sent a message instead of ruining the thread which I will probably delete because it now looks like dog shit with all this back & forth..

No worries once again for the 3rd or 4th time things are being corrected and once again it’s probably best this thread get removed and I’ll start a new one soon due to all this negativity disguised as constructive criticism.

So once again I get your message however if you believe this was the best approach to help someone by calling them sketchy etc idk what to tell you sir however it’s highly appreciated regardless.

Kind regards,