BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-14-2021, 03:37 AM   #1
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Build Week "Sometime in the future"

I have ordered an M3 Competition xDrive on May 25th. Initially, I was told I'd get my car in the second half of August but I've been pushed several times, and now the official version is "your car won't be built this year".

Turns out there are restrictions on:
  • 610 Head-Up Display
  • 688 Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System
  • 5DN Parking Assistant Plus
  • 5AZ Laserlights

and if I want my car to be built I'd have to remove them. The problem is that when ordering my CA didn't say anything about it.

I know V-Eight and WHITEUNDERARM are in similar situation. It's sad to know that we are inferior customers for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:46 AM   #2
Alex_Bond
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
I have ordered an M3 Competition xDrive on May 25th. Initially, I was told I'd get my car in the second half of August but I've been pushed several times, and now the official version is "your car won't be built this year".

• 610 Head-Up Display
  • 5AZ Laserlights

and if I want my car to be built I'd have to remove them. The problem is that when ordering my CA didn't say anything about it.

I know V-Eight and WHITEUNDERARM are in similar situation. It's sad to know that we are inferior customers for BMW.
In the USA you can order with them. I ordered mine in June, got allocation in July and it's not almost in the USA already.
I think your CA is shitting you or there are some super weird restrictions for your region.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:49 AM   #3
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Bond View Post
In the USA you can order with them. I ordered mine in June, got allocation in July and it's not almost in the USA already.
I think your CA is shitting you or there are some super weird restrictions for your region.
Confirmed with BMW Customer Service. Actually, this "not this year" came from them. CA is optimistic that it might change.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:58 AM   #4
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
I really feel for you guys, it's definitely unfair of BMW to de-prioritise other markets like that.

I personally would not compromise on the spec with the money you are going to be spending on a car like this.

Probably your CA did not know either about these restrictions when you ordered, and when they did come in effect, they failed to inform you.

As mentioned above the restrictions are definitely per market, I have all 4 of those options and my car was built last week with them.
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 1
Loma398.00
      10-14-2021, 03:59 AM   #5
Alex_Bond
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Confirmed with BMW Customer Service. Actually, this "not this year" came from them. CA is optimistic that it might change.
The weird part is that you ordered a car before me and still don't have it. I literally have all listed options on my M4C and on 22nd It will be already in California port.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:00 AM   #6
WHITEUNDERARM
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:

• 610 Head-Up Display
  • 5AZ Laserlights

Which market are you in? I'm in South Africa.

I was told yesterday that my car will more than likely be pushed through but the options restricting my build will more than likely be removed…so essentially my car will arrive but without some of the options I really want…it's bittersweet because I want the car but not if it doesn't have everything I ordered on it…the laser lights and bucket seats are non negotiable for me…and it seems both will be removed to push my car through…

I'm at the point where I may want to just go with my initial thoughts of ordering a Cayenne GTS Coupe instead…at least I'd get what I want.
      10-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #7
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Bond View Post
The weird part is that you ordered a car before me and still don't have it. I literally have all listed options on my M4C and on 22nd It will be already in California port.
I bet that people that order today will still get the car sooner than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEUNDERARM View Post
Which market are you in? I'm in South Africa.

I was told yesterday that my car will more than likely be pushed through but the options restricting my build will more than likely be removed…so essentially my car will arrive but without some of the options I really want…it's bittersweet because I want the car but not if it doesn't have everything I ordered on it…the laser lights and bucket seats are non negotiable for me…and it seems both will be removed to push my car through…

I'm at the point where I may want to just go with my initial thoughts of ordering a Cayenne GTS Coupe instead…at least I'd get what I want.
I'm in Poland.

I already told my CA that I'm not willing to drop any of the options. They realize that it would be hard to sell a car without them.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #8
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
  • 5AZ Laserlights
Thanks. These above are the ones I have in your list.

OK....so.....the only thing to do is to wait....

I've spoken today to an Audi center owner. The delivery for an RS7 ordered today are from 10 to 14 months!!!!

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #9
iqstick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

I'm in the US feeling the exact same thing. My car was pushed back to Week 49 from Week 42, ordered 3 months ago.
      10-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #10
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

I have a feeling they’re having serious supply issues now and are still letting people order cars because if they basically stopped ordering on the new m3/4 it would be a huge marketing nightmare. Hence everyone now being delayed past week 43ish
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #11
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Is there another stereo option in Poland? In the US, there is no option - everyone gets that HK stereo. So if there's a restriction on ordering that...are they...gonna deliver it without a stereo if you agree to remove it?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #12
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtopp View Post
Is there another stereo option in Poland? In the US, there is no option - everyone gets that HK stereo. So if there's a restriction on ordering that...are they...gonna deliver it without a stereo if you agree to remove it?
There's some stereo system as standard but I hear it's shitty.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 02:35 PM   #13
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
There's some stereo system as standard but I hear it's shitty.
Can't even imagine how shitty with how shitty the HK system is (and I'm no audiophile).
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 01:44 PM   #14
WHITEUNDERARM
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Ok so after a few weeks of back and forth with BMW South Africa I finally have some light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Having already decided that I would not be taking delivery of my car without the Carbon Buckets or the Laser lights, I have been given a somewhat definitive answer as to when the restrictions for these 2 options will be lifted for the South African market…and that is Buildweek 39 of 2022. (This could change to an earlier date if supply issues improve). On a plus side they did mention that the vehicle will go through various product updates between now and then…so I'm assuming possibly a newer idrive system & some ironing out of any bugs.

Buildweek 39 would essentially mean I receive my car approximately a year from now.

I've decided to go ahead with the order and wait and get what I really want.

All that this means is that I get to drive my F82 for another year! First world problems!
Attached Images