E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2011 E93 M3 Pass HID out... no warning on I drive...

09-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
QuadCam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

2011 E93 M3 Pass HID out... no warning on I drive...

I have a 2011 E93 M3 and i just noticed my passenger side HID Bi-Xenon is out. I have no idea how long it's been out. There's no warning lights on the dash or IDrive about it.

I've read several threads about faulty xenon control units, FRM replacements, etc.

This headlamp tends to get condensation in it from time to time (driving in the rain, etc).

Is it odd to have the HID go out but not get a warning light or message about it?

I haven't checked to see if it's just the bulb yet but I have feeling it's not just the bulb. Everything else in the headlight housing works, btw.... angel eye, turn signals, etc.

On my e60 550, the bulb turned pink before it died. This bulb has been fine. The car has about 40K miles on the odometer. I don't think the bulbs would have died that soon.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
I have a 2011 E93 M3 and i just noticed my passenger side HID Bi-Xenon is out. I have no idea how long it's been out. There's no warning lights on the dash or IDrive about it.

I've read several threads about faulty xenon control units, FRM replacements, etc.

This headlamp tends to get condensation in it from time to time (driving in the rain, etc).

Is it odd to have the HID go out but not get a warning light or message about it?

I haven't checked to see if it's just the bulb yet but I have feeling it's not just the bulb. Everything else in the headlight housing works, btw.... angel eye, turn signals, etc.

On my e60 550, the bulb turned pink before it died. This bulb has been fine. The car has about 40K miles on the odometer. I don't think the bulbs would have died that soon.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
before replacing anything I would get a cable and use inpa to find any errors.
did you buy the car new or pre owned?
if it was pre owned I would also use NCS expert to default code the frm module to defaults as previous owner may have disbaled bulb checks
Appreciate 0