E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Alpine HID Fogs and Headlights

05-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
Karod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 328i Sedan

Alpine HID Fogs and Headlights

I purchased my HIDs from Alex February. Several weeks ago one of my fogs started flickering. I checked the connections, but everything was fine. It kept flickering and it was just getting annoying. I plan on replacing it under warranty. Today one of my HID headlight goes out. Let me remind you its only been 3 months. Is this normal for HIDs or am I just the one with bad luck? I hope I can replace it under warranty as well. Don't get me wrong the product is awesome and I'm very pleased with it but I don't want my bulbs going out every 3 months.
      05-31-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
jazz5000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 + F13 M6

same thing happened to me.
Got the ballast replaced,
Now its happened to the other side and i cant get hold of Alex via PM
Been waiting ages..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

I had the same problem but Alex sent me a new ballast. Talked to him in length on the phone and the issue is that his supplier changed factories without telling him so the products coming out were terrible. He switched to a new supplier now and sent me new ballasts to try out.

Replaced one of them first and recently replaced the other ballast. So far so good (the drivers side which had problems at first has been running since January without a problem now). Basically the new set of ballasts work without any problem.

Great product though and they look amazing. I'm happy with them so far!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Karod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
I had the same problem but Alex sent me a new ballast. Talked to him in length on the phone and the issue is that his supplier changed factories without telling him so the products coming out were terrible. He switched to a new supplier now and sent me new ballasts to try out.

Replaced one of them first and recently replaced the other ballast. So far so good (the drivers side which had problems at first has been running since January without a problem now). Basically the new set of ballasts work without any problem.

Great product though and they look amazing. I'm happy with them so far!
Oh ok. I see. Well hopefully Alex gets back at me as soon as possible because I hate how my car looks without a headlight and the fog acting all up. I'm really pleased with his products so I want to keep the HIDs.