View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 07:37 AM   #108
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
If you think towing a 100 miles or less and sitting at a charger is towing, good luck. The EV tow youtubes are plentiful, it never ends well for the guy towing.
YouTube "journalists" fail purposely for the clicks. Reality is different. Did you watch the video? Have you watched a video of someone who is familiar with towing who DOESN"T want to fail?

If you tow a lot....don't buy an EV truck. But reality check, how often does anyone use a truck to tow? I live in Truck Central, TX. The answer is....much lower than you would think. Those that buy to tow, tow often. But most people use their pickup just like a roomier, lifted car and very occasionally tow, and short distances at that. And even the ones that tow often are usually just taking their boat to the lake 40-50 miles away, driving around with a landscaping trailer, bringing their UTV's out of town, etc.

No one is forcing you to buy an EV truck. But don't say it can't tow anything meaningful. Much like most people's responses to EV's is to give extreme use cases (I can't road trip to Anchorage tomorrow morning if I want), same with towing. The reality is that it'd work fine for most people. And if it doesnt....just buy an ICE truck.
Appreciate 1
VR1641.00