08-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #76
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Having had Sakhir orange on my M3 and the leather in my X3M, and seen Toronto red on a X3M in sunlight I will disagree

SO looks more red than Toronto Red to me.
I would also take SO over Toronto Red. I really wasn't impressed with it on the X4M, for a metallic color it really looked flat to me.

Maybe it will look better in a smaller car, some colors don't transition well to larger cars.

Really wish there was going to be a unique blue option (different than standard 3/4 series blue).
And a true red would be nice to get again.
Toronto Red does have some orange hue to it, especially in bright sunlight, but as far as Sakhir Orange goes, there are two versions of that color that look nothing alike and frankly shouldn't share a name. Sakhir Orange exterior paint is orange. Sakhir Orange interior leather is red. So while Sakhir Orange INTERIOR might be "more red" than Toronto Red exterior is [and I don't know the color values to prove or disprove this], Toronto Red exterior is waaaaaaaaaay more red than Sakhir Orange exterior.

BMW should just bring back Imola Red. It was a hallmark M color, and the M4 Heritage Edition looks straight baller in it.

https://www.bmwusa.com/limited-editi...-heritage.html
Appreciate 0