View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #104
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Lucky guy, seeing them together do you have a personal favorite M3 or M4? I believe “they” are right. The performance jump of this generation will overshadow all else and make these cars very hard to resist.
I am more of a "practical" kind of guy so I prefer the sedan.
What I take back from the M3 against M4 is the emphasis on the wide track at the rear and how the body is pumped and defined to accommodate this.
There is not much over that from the standard 4 to the M4 as the same between previous F32 and F82 as they had a wider track than the sedan.

There is an Alfa-ish quality to the front of the car which in some way is seen as respect as they did benchmark the Guilia whilst developing this generation. They are hoping to get their hands on the GTA.

The M3 was a shade of Black with Orange interior and the M4 was São Paulo Yellow With almost matching interior which was shown recently.
Black defines the grille very well. It does disguise as well as enhances.

What I can say for the M4 is that they really have distinguished it from the 3. F32 was still too close proximity to F30. Here it looks like a proper Sports car. The stance , the proportions and that grille it's all fantastically formed. My favourite design feature is the bonnet grooves which I am told will be used in a Future performance model to more potential.
It's very retro but classic BMW Motorsport.
spuntyb4051.50