View Single Post
      11-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #46
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinsrighthand View Post
So in short, I don't think income is the sole factor in being able to afford a large purchase. It's all about planning for it in advance.
Concur. Sounds like you are in a good spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlover789 View Post
I'm only 32 once.
Oh, to be 32 again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAKE! View Post
I want to preface this post by saying that there is no moral, mathematical, or ethical right answer to this question.
Good post @BRAKE!

Everyone has made good points here so I'll try not to duplicate too much and just share some thoughts of my own.

First, I concur that you can buy a new M3 for a lot less than $100K. All of those fancy options are nice, but not necessary. Unless you just must have them to make your life complete. At which point you'll find out that it didn't work.

Second, many years ago I was self-employed, and still struggling financially... long story short, I resolved to always have at least 6 months net pay in the bank, in cash, for emergencies, losing my job, whatever. That's an individual choice obviously, how much you have saved in your rainy day fund is up to you. But you should have something there even if it's literally only enough for just one day.

Third, don't rely on advice from strangers on the Internet to make life choices.

Best of luck to you!
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 2
JDUNITNOW3585.00