View Single Post
      10-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #31
WraithM5
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, G80 M3C Xdrive

Unfortunately I haven't driven the G80 non x drive variant but I would imagine it is amazing as well. I am absolutely in love with my G80. All I can really comment on is how it might compare to the F80. I absolutely loved my F80 as well and I miss it dearly, that car was very special to me. I do love the bump in interior quality and design in the G80, the power and handling is the best of any car I've ever driven.

I won't lie I was initially afraid of BMW mutilating the M3 design with this generation and was initially shocked when it came true. However the design grew on me fast and seeing it in person for the first time was comparable to the time a very young me saw a Lamborghini Gallardo up close in person for the first time. Now that mine has finally come im in love with it and love the front end as well. Before I had people telling me my F80 was " basically the same car" as their 328 etc but not anymore.

Overall everytime I get behind the wheel I feel like the G80 is the car I want to drive forever. Ideally I would've kept my F80 as well as that car had its own unique feel to it that I loved. Unfortunately that was not viable.

On another note the X drive system is awesome, driving in the rain is now a pleasant experience where as with a rwd car there was alot of slipping and traction control kicking in. Not sure how i feel about the Pirelli tires i got in the tire lottery as taking some corners specifically if it's a corner on a bit of a grade the wheels almost slip it feels like. I'm curious as to how the Michelin's compare.
Appreciate 0