View Single Post
      12-08-2023, 10:12 AM   #1
mKilgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Best Sim for f8x realism?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything while searching. While being late to the party, I am building a sim rig to do some practicing for new tracks I'll be competing at this next year, as well as to develop a better understanding of how to make adjustments on the car and the results they produce, i.e., increasing/decreasing compression/rebound, soften/stiffen roll bars, mess with alignment settings, etc. Being able to run 100s of laps while making constant adjustments is a big driver of why I'm building a rig. While it may be a few thousand dollars, to me it is well worth it compared to the money it would take, and the risk involved, to reproduce the same on track in real life.

I am wondering what sim best emulates a "track-focused" M4, and if that requires a specific mod or is provided with the sim. I see that both ACC and iRacing have the M4 GT4, but I'm not sure if you can dumb the car down enough to better represent a street car. Maybe there's a mod out there that is better representative of the street car?

My M4 is on MCS2WR, BW roll bars, full SPL control arms, GTS aero, 200TW RE-71RS, and AP Racing brakes. So not quite a street car, and definitely not a GT4 car, but somewhere in between.

Thoughts? Would love to hear your feedback.
Appreciate 0