11-23-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
Nate.G82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
The longest I've driven in my G82 is about 6 hours one way. I drove the entire way in the most aggressive settings, I usually only put the car in comfort when I'm parking in tight spots where I have to be careful. Although, my tolerance for aggressive settings is relatively high.

I digress.

I have tested comfort and sport plus to see the difference at cruising speed (70-80mph). Engine settings do not change rpm like a magic wand. The more noticeable difference with comfort setting is that the valves are shut and ASD is turned off, so it's pretty quiet. These cars are designed around sitting above 3k rpm anyways so I wouldn't worry about it. if you're always at 5k rpm then yeah... I'd call it abusing the engine. But for day to day cruising? 3k rpm is fine, and you're gonna love the immediate response around that range when you need to pass someone.

Cruising at around 70mph exactly, I've pulled around 30mpg in sport plus. Pretty good for these types of vehicles.

Last edited by Nate.G82; 11-23-2022 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: I was about 60% functioning when I originally wrote this
Appreciate 0