View Single Post
      10-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #23
theox05
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
A stock power GT4 with an alignment and RE-71's can do a 2:10 at WGI. These are regular guy drivers, not pros. A mildly modded GT4 can do 2:07, regular DE driver. What I assume is a more significantly modded GT4 can do a 2:04, video doesn't list the mods. All videos on Youtube.

I'm sure you could of easily done better than a 2:10 given your skills, but you can't expect to do that in a couple of laps. Get out in one again for more time and you may change your mind. I've only had the GT4 out for one track day so far and it took at least a couple of sessions to get a feel for the cars balance. It has very different behavior to the M2/3. The long second gear is noticeable on the street but felt fine on the track to me, tracks with a lot of low speed corners may be different. I actually found the lack of midrange torque way more noticeable than the gearing, it feels a bit flat below 5K RPM. I've probably been spoiled by the S55 in that regard
Having traded the F82 in for a GT4, agreed on the flat below 5k RPM. I don't track it, but even so the long gearing doesn't bother me all that much. Its just a shitload of fun to drive as a DD. Do I think my old M4 Comp was faster? Yep. Was it as much fun to DD? Nope. If I had to pick between the two as my track car, I'd take the M4 with cash reserve for possible crank hub. Probably still comes out cheaper than modding the Porsche. Then again, my ded track car is a C5Z, so what do I know
Appreciate 1
Montaver2263.00