Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils7 View Post
I don't think anyone should be out to criticize him in a negative way at all. Of course it's a shitty situation but it's also a teaching moment for everyone in the community. Is that not what this forum is for? To share and learn?

At 25°F conditions winter tires are definitely warranted. I would argue even more so if you're leaving your car parked outside in ambient temperatures compare to a warm garage. Leave your car parked overnight in those temps and then check the tire temp on your idrive the never morning. The manufacturers literally tell you not to use summer tires below a set temperature. It's not a money scam from their end lol it's literally because they're not designed to be used in those conditions for safety
I’m not debating the winter tyre issue, however some of the comments being left are not my idea of a teaching. We see what happened, and it’s a nightmare for the guy in question no doubt.
I just find some of the reply’s absolutely pointless, these people are obviously perfect in every way and good for them.
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 3