View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #152
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

I've driven the current gen C63S on the street and on the track. And not one of those 'track experiences' crap, actual track use
It didn't use the 9 speed, it was the 7 speed.

It was a steaming pile of shit.

I've been reading about how AMG is improving its transmissions for like a decade. I am not going to swallow that all of a sudden they've taken a complete piece of shit and it's now 'good'. Impossible.

The ZF is a shame, however, the M5c I drove felt light years faster than the AMG C63 transmission.

In the end the proof is in the pudding. I'll drive the G8X on track and if I like it I'll buy one, if not I'll just keep the CS and be happy.

As a person I am a lot more interested in the implementation than the theory. In theory a E9X M3 and a F8X CS should get crushed by 991 GT3 and 991 GT3 RS at the track, but in reality it is the opposite. So if BMW is capable of making a 3600lb 4 door car crush the latest and greatest GT3s... I will also trust they can make the ZF function correctly

Meanwhile I'm not going to lose sleep about it. I already lost sleep with the whole EPS and turbo story of the F8X but at the end of the day the CS is a great car and feels wonderful on track
Appreciate 1
pbar1380.50