View Single Post
      11-12-2022, 07:06 AM   #39
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung05 View Post
Finally, it's reading threads like these that have me second guessing. I had intended this to be the last desirable (ICE) car I was going to have an opportunity to order fresh from the factory, configured exactly the way I wanted it. However, now I'm not so sure that I want my "last" ICE car to be one that is essentially the "best compromise" instead of something that I truly think is special.
I think this depends entirely on which other cars you own or intend to own and how you plan to use your M3. I see that you have two other vehicles, so this will be a third. If you intend to keep both your manual transmission Gladiator and your STI, then perhaps you want to go another direction for your third vehicle. If I were in that position, I'd probably have looked to a GT4 instead, or just kept my C7 Corvette. It's a more purpose-built sports car that isn't trying to be anything else. I bet your young son has a blast with you riding in your STI, and it is roomy enough for him as well. As he gets old enough to sit up front, something like a GT4 will probably be more of a special occasion than riding in your M3.

There are several owners that buy the M3/M4 as just another vehicle for the collection, but I'd guess most of us bought ours specifically because we were looking to own something that would be good in a multitude of situations. I specifically wanted a car that was comfortable, practical and luxurious enough to daily drive but also had no problems turning things up to 10 when I wanted to have some fun. Again, if I was looking for a car just for the spirited drives and weekend warrior duties, I would have chosen something else.
Appreciate 0