View Single Post
      11-08-2022, 01:12 AM   #23
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientM View Post
If it wasn't for the M3/M4 you choose...anything you were cross shopping it with? And what led to your decision that I am getting this M car?
Basically, I need to carry 5 at times.
If it were not for that, I’d likely (almost certainly get a different vehicle).

Not that I don’t like the m3, I do very much and I’m happy to be getting one.
But, I also really like the Ford Shelby and I think it’s probably a more entertaining ride (and it looks better to me even if the interior is lower quality). There are some other vehicles as well, but in sedans I like the m3 the most. I just would not be even shopping sedan if it was not the need for seating 5.

No other car that I know of that is this interesting that can also seat 5.
I can’t get an M3CS either since it’ll probably have bucket seats in the back.
So, a fully loaded m3x is my best option. First world problems, I know.

Once all the kids are grown… it’s either going to be a Porsche or a Ferrari as far as I can tell, depending on how well investments do, and the market for each. I adore the f8 tributo, really would love to have that car, but there’s a lot of golfing, soccer games, road trips, school, and grocery shopping between now and then.

The m3 is the perfect vehicle for me for day to day stuff until the kids are grown and driving themselves. M3 and a suburban and I’m straight for the next 10yr. Quite possible this is the last ICE car I buy new and I’m extremely happy it is the s58.

I don’t like Mercedes’ styling and Audi just doesn’t seem like a good value to me. I do like the look of them, but they’re reliability is not great ime.
Appreciate 0