View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #34
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

First post here guys. Trying to ramp up my BMW knowledge.

I ordered a CT5-V Blackwing in September at a local dealer. $1000 refundable deposit, price is MSRP. The order has still not been accepted by GM (the infamous 1100 designation). I ordered a 2nd in December from an out of state dealer that seems to have the highest allocations in the US. Price is also MSRP. GM seems to be struggling the most with getting their parts. Blackwings are now shipping without parking sensors and you get a $50 credit (yes, I'm serious). Builds that have carbon fiber are completely stalled as GM has none, so dealers are asking allocated customers if they want to remove those parts to get the car built faster. In my case, I do want the exterior CF1 package, which includes a great front end splitter and rear spoiler.

This week, I walked into a local BMW dealer after connecting with a salesperson over the phone. I was able to sit inside a G83. I have never owned a BMW, but have been very attracted to the front end of the current generation. I asked if a deposit is refundable if I order and it is. So I gave them $1000 and ordered a new M4 Comp X in Skyscraper. The next day, I had an allocation and a production #. Apparently, I am set for Week 11.

I love the look of the BMW, and obviously it is a coupe versus a 4 door sedan (which I also prefer). My Blackwing is ordered as a 6 speed, the M4 of course auto. Every review you see on the 6MT CT5-V BW, the person driving the car cannot contain their excitement. It is so clear how enjoyable the Cadillac is to drive.

And that is my only hesitation on the M4 - is it not engaging enough? I am hoping not. No doubt the BMW interior is very appealing. The G83 seat fit me like a glove, much better than the Caddy (GM seats are oversized IMO). I give Cadillac a massive advantage on the primary driving gauges and ease at moving through driving settings. The way you can configure the driver display is awesome in the Blackwing. The M4 readout is unexciting by comparison.

Still, I love the M4 exterior, it is a coupe, and even though I did not get a manual, the AWD will make it much more of a 4 season car in Colorado with a second set of tires. That's a huge plus for me. I think I will really love it, especially if I never pilot a Blackwing.
Appreciate 0