01-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #68
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmr7 View Post
I’m not sure if you actually ever been in a KITH Boutique or just did a refresh on the internet. KITH or Ronnie Fieg absolutely makes their own designs. As a matter of fact I would spend (I have) $140 one one of their sweatshirts over some of the crap that’s pushed in stores of other retailers simply because of the quality of materials. Show me another designer who used 500 GSM cotton for sweatshirts and 250 GSM cotton t-shirts? I’ll wait.

Additionally, what you refer to as “using someone else’s design” is called a collaboration or collab, which is exactly what the KITH Car is all about. It’s a G80 M4 with an added touch.

I’m not going to argue or challenge how you define social media (everyone has their own opinion) but the fact of the matter is, it’s here to stay and it’s the way that most companies market their products. I don’t know BMW’s end game but someone in the company felt the current market strategy was the right way forward. As enthusiasts, we have to finally come to the realization that their market doesn’t revolve around us. I’ve been hearing the same argument (what about their enthusiasts) since I joined this forum 10+ years ago. As many of you have said in this forum, “BMW is marketing to people who can’t afford this car, I’m saying BMW is marketing to people who can in a few years and for longer periods of time, than you or I may be interested in their cars. I don’t know about anyone here but I bought (leased) my first BMW at 23 and bought my second at 24 and guess what? I’ve been leasing and buying BMW’s since (now 41). Paid off my E92 M3, will be adding the G80 to the garage (E92 will be daily) and when I get back stateside will lease my wife her BMW of choice. Again because you don’t agree with their marketing doesn’t make it wrong, and doesn’t make it right as you so wisely stated above.
Ironically, I am into high fashion and yet never heard of this KITH until this thread lol but then this isn't my style. My streetwear brands are mostly French/Italian houses ala SLP, MM etc. I wouldn't even call KITH high end fashion either. Like a broken record, I share the sentiment that many others have already conveyed. Marketing for this car makes no sense, the funny thing is I read a few days ago that Lexus is doing the same thing for the newly refreshed 3IS lol.

Complete waste of ad dollars for BMW having green lighted this collaboration. Majority of M3/M4 cars will be sold to the same old demographic aka prior owners and those of us who are coming up from non M cars since it's usually what we aspire to own next. These cars doesn't appeal to the masses or the Kith hoodie wearing, Supreme crowd, that's what the F44 cars are for. M3/M4 along with the M2 are for driving enthusiasts. They're harder edge by default which means the KITH wearing demographic is not the target group.
wtwo317971.00
bm323193.50