M-Enthusiast
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 320d M (G20) M4 Comp RWD (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsABlueG82 View Post
Congratulations!! So I've gone back and forth on this as well:

I recently put in an order for an M4C with anticipated delivery in April. After going back-and-forth and back-and-forth, I decided to stay with RWD. Reason being is this:

1. Plain and simple and most importantly - I think RWD vehicles are more fun to drive. They are more of a drivers car in my opinion. I've driven several AWD vehicles in my life, and recently an M440i. The grip was amazing and it was crazy quick, but here's the thing, it wasn't as fun. The car did more of the driving than I did and I felt that it took away from the experience of owning an M series BMW.

2. I could honestly care less about 0 - 60 times, I figured that 0.1 sec of a difference isn't really going to make that much of a difference in my life. Moreover, beating some random guy in some random car next to me off the line isn't really going to do anything for me either. Now if that's your thing, more power to you and I would go AWD.

3. The reason why I fell in love with M series BMWs in the first place is because they are our RWD. If I wanted a ridiculously fast AWD car I would have gone for a Porsche or Nissan GTR years ago.

4. I don't live in the world of the fast and the furious. I'm not street racing. I don't need to take corners 1,000,000 mph and I don't care to.

5. I will never drive the car in winter. Plain and simple. I live in Colorado and the last thing I will do is take it out when there's any precipitation on the ground. This is my Sunday going to meeting car so to speak.

I'm buying the car to have fun driving and I love BMWs. Not to be the fastest, not to smoke people, not to be in the fast and the furious.

BUT if you drive in winter and want to smoke people off the line, get AWD.

Hope this helps!! Enjoy!!!
Thank you I am also staying with RWD I only had experienced the M3 E92 and this was pure fun, so I guess G82 with RWD will do the same, even better

But sure AWD will be a great experience, too.
Appreciate 0