Thread: Track Pads
View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Welcome to the club. I will get the bad news out of the way first...there are no track oriented pads available at this time, so if you want to track your car soon you will have to use BMW OEM. These are available through BMW dealerships, however they are pricey (check around, big differences from place to place), and there is a long wait time as they will be coming from the factory (could be 5-7 weeks). BMW says that they will provide "Sport Pads" for these cars through their M Performance division, but they are not available yet. Pad manufacturers will start making track pads for these cars, but it will probably be many months before they become available on the market.

Front: 34-10-8-093-705
Rear: 34-20-8-093-728

These pads are made for BMW by Pagid, but they are street pads, and will wear out quickly on a track. Pagid does not list them on their web site. Pagid part #'s:

Front: PA4699GG
Rear: PA4392GG

I have ordered the OEM's to get me through the "dark days" but am looking into having track pads custom made by an after market track pad manufacturer. Several companies will do this. You send them your worn out pads, and they will manufacture the same backing plates with a track compound. They will then have the ability to make as many as they receive orders for in a timely manner. I have spoken with Porterfield, and will be sending them my current pads once my replacements arrive. Unfortunately they cannot provide any particulars until they see what they are dealing with, so at this point I am flying blind, and hoping for the best.