02-09-2021, 11:46 AM   #4920
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
noisy bathroom fan repair

first attempt- remove bathroom fan, cleaned up motor, blades and sprayed WD40.
i let it sit for few minutes, then i installed it. turn switch on, no more loud noises!
few hours passed by bathroom fan is working, i go in to do number 2...after few seconds.
POP POP POP reached over to turn switch off. smell of burn took over bathroom.
so disappointing. Later at night i went back to bathroom and removed fan. checked all wire connections and maybe WD40 shorted it out motor.

2nd attempt- order replacement for fan motor and arrived yesterday.
removed old fan, install new on bracket and all working 100%

i dont mind these minor repairs that i can manage but i pray they stay this small lol
I replaced mine in my master bath two weeks ago. You went the long route sir. I went to the store and just bought a new unit. I have to say I was surprised at how expensive some where.....and of course bluetooth is to anything with power, what 20" rims were in the 90's; it goes on everything. I bought a 60 CFM fan/light combo that still cost almost $100 and that was the cheap one. Damn near tore my drywall out of the ceiling before I realized the insulation was covering the two nails in the truss. My home repair guardian angel and myself ->

I will say that with my bathroom being so small with 60 CFM, it damn near creates a vacuum in there. I'm going to have to secure my towels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
LOL. I go to the mountains with it and try to see the limits of the suspension and handling of any given rental car. My fave was the VW Jetta 2019 and nissan sentra isnt so bad. With loaner cars I do the same but rear wheel drive is more fun ehehhehe
Sneaky name change there 213....
Appreciate 2