Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

[QUOTE=DocWeatherington;28952288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
It's a gamble, you could possibly be upside down by lease end… especially if the market right sizes.
Either way it'll be interesting… I'm sticking with my current lease, residual and low miles was too good to pass up!

RESPONSE

Ibiza

Thats a toss up... Remember those that have leased already got hit as who is leasing a M3/M4 sub 1100 dollars without a massive downpayment these day?

Also bear in mind the LCI got tech updates so who knows... If a recession happens and rates interest jump up the supply vs demand discussion will flip.

Tons of inventory and no buyers.... With that values drop

Either way only thing to do is wait and see
The average car is going to drop substantially in the next 18 months. People paying markups on Nissan Rogues or buying 4 year old crosstreks at MSRP will be in trouble. This coming recession is going to hit the less wealthy much, much harder. Already seeing it in gas prices and how it affects the average household.

On the other side, the guys leasing M cars, buying 911's etc. are going to be nowhere near as affected. I think we will see a big divergence in asset prices, where enthusiast cars will stay flat compared to cooking models. What that means for more regular new BMW models is hard to say, but inventories are still very low and will remain that way until at least mid 2023.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50