10-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #293
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
The point I am making is that BMW is NOT playing it safe. You may not like it upon reveal, you may love it. Either way, at least they are trying to do something different. You're whining and carrying on without seeing the final result.
frankiebones, “forget-about-it”, sorry something about your handle reminds me of a wise guy!

I’m sure everyone hopes you are right and it looks really good but I’m guessing probably not. They could have just kept the G20 grills with a minor tweak and again gone with the different rims and M accent pieces that would most likely be enough for most M buyers.

But in a way and to your point, most of these options that set an M apart from standard models were also available as optional purchases on the civic models, as long as you are willing to pay up. So maybe in a way you are right with the new grill, that will be only available on true M cars, is a way for bmw to more differentiate not only from others in the auto industry but also within themselves specific to the M series, which counters a lot of complaints of homogenization within the line. So yes, in a way it’s a completely different look...but just maybe a bit too far, to which only time will tell.