bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysains View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coni View Post
Do you think that the Pure model is going to be a lightweight version? Otherwise I don't understand why they'd have a model thats more "basic" than the base version.

As an aside - I hate that MB & BMW are now having these higher-end versions of the AMG & M cars that have more performance than standard AMG/M cars. It used to be that getting an M3 meant you were getting the best performance car BMW could make on the 3-series platform. Now it feels to me that M3 is being artificially restrained so that they can demand more money for the real best performance car they can make: the M3 Competition or whatever they call it. If they follow MB (and they will - BMW has shown that they will copy literally everyone this past decade) then the price difference between the M3 and the "actually this is really the M3" will be +$8k.
Pure is intended to be like a 'pure M car of old'. Mania and RWD. Base and competition are intended to be going the way of their competitors - Audi 4WD and Mercedes who's latest E63 is 4WD suggesting the new C63 will follow.

I think they've done the pure to ensure they don't lose the fans of the madness the current and old M3/4s. Something Mercedes are starting to do with the AMGs (lose their legacy fan base)
BMW still has console shifter along with paddle shifters so you can shift while turning with one handed steering vs trying to use paddles on a turn which is nearly impossible in an AMG or Lamborghini Hurrican.
Appreciate 0