View Single Post
      01-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #73
tommysains
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coni View Post
Do you think that the Pure model is going to be a lightweight version? Otherwise I don't understand why they'd have a model thats more "basic" than the base version.

As an aside - I hate that MB & BMW are now having these higher-end versions of the AMG & M cars that have more performance than standard AMG/M cars. It used to be that getting an M3 meant you were getting the best performance car BMW could make on the 3-series platform. Now it feels to me that M3 is being artificially restrained so that they can demand more money for the real best performance car they can make: the M3 Competition or whatever they call it. If they follow MB (and they will - BMW has shown that they will copy literally everyone this past decade) then the price difference between the M3 and the "actually this is really the M3" will be +$8k.
Pure is intended to be like a 'pure M car of old'. Mania and RWD. Base and competition are intended to be going the way of their competitors - Audi 4WD and Mercedes who's latest E63 is 4WD suggesting the new C63 will follow.

I think they've done the pure to ensure they don't lose the fans of the madness the current and old M3/4s. Something Mercedes are starting to do with the AMGs (lose their legacy fan base)
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50