View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 01:50 AM   #144
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Where it will shine is coming out of the corner with more traction, where it will hurt is going into the corner with that added weight.
I can go along with saying that we don’t know if it’s going to hurt turn in yet and thereby ignoring pretty much every review from the press drives on the track where the front axle was hailed as the most noticeable improvement over the M4C...

What I won’t subscribe to is stating it as a fact that turn in will be worse. Weight in transition generate forces, there are ways to counter these forces out as adding grip, beefier roll bars, stiffer chassis, bigger brakes etc. To say that added weight automatically results in worse turn in is premature. Don’t get me wrong a lighter car is desirable of many reasons but some added weight might not be all that terrible depending on how well the car carries it and what improvements the weight comes with.

Also, seeing what M achieved with the M5cs I’m confident that an upcoming CS will be a pleasant surprise this time around for those seeking a car for more frequent tracking.

Last edited by solstice; 12-30-2020 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0