View Single Post
      02-08-2023, 08:43 PM   #39
GiorgioE82
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerC_6MT View Post
This makes me curious how many limited-run specials make it down to PR. Are there any tracks on the island you can use? Any drag strips even? I'm very unfamiliar with Puerto Rican life but I find it interesting that a dealer would order a very track-focused car, and even mark it up by $50k, when it seems like there's little room to explore its limits on road and no tracks (afaik) to use it at. Not sure would would buy besides collectors. But why would collectors live in Puerto Rico?
There used to be a few racetracks down here but currently really only one is really active. Some private and open drag days are held there. Plus there are a few 1/2 mile events held at one of the local airports due to the huge runway.

But you'd be surprised at the number of high end and exotics sold and driven here. Plenty of Shelbys, GTRs, M3s, Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, etc. G Wagons are plentiful too if it tells you anything. No Bugattis or Paganis though.
And (with very few exceptions) the roads are horribly kept for any car, let alone exotics.

Yet... They're here.
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1211.00
F80DK389.50