View Single Post
      05-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
frank70
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. iX M60 on order

For me i have 2 really small complaints. I am coming from a G30 5 Series Diesel, so that is my reference with which i compare my G80.

First complaint :
The volume button has a delay. It does not respond instantly as in the G30. When i push it and turn on the radio there is a slight delay, and also when turning up the volume there is a small delay. This was not the case in my (I-drive 6) G30 5 Series

Second Complaint :
Delayed creep from automatic transmission when driving away : i think this is likely a Diesel vs Petrol thing. My 5 series was a Diesel with ZF 8 speed automatic. When driving away from a parking position all was needed is just releasing the brake pedal and it would instantly roll away. With the M3 competition there is a delay before the car starts rolling away. I think this has something to do with the higher RPM after engine start, which is something the Diesel cars do not have. I think therefore they can not just make it like a Diesel which rolls away instantly when releasing the brake pedal.

But really these are very minor irritations in a otherwise brilliant car : the best car i have ever owned by far. By very far.
Appreciate 0