View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #35
weingarm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duky View Post
So I "get" it but I also actually don't get how an M3 cannibalizes M5 sales. Yes they're shaped similarly and carry 5 people but they seem like their target markets are very different. M5 older and generally for folks with families, M3 younger, single/no kids.

I get this argument when we talk about Porsche not wanting to cannibalize sales of their 911 with the 718 because you could cross shop the two. It just seems crazy to me that people might be cross shopping an M5 and M3. Could be totally missing something though.
I have an F90 M5. Considering a G80 M3 Pure (MT) when my current lease is done (3/2022).

I have 4 kids ages 4, 7, 9, 11. Other car is the wife's X5 w/ 3rd row.

I use my M5 for going to work, dropping the kids off at school (but never more than 3 at a time given their spread in ages), dates with the wife, grocery shopping, errands, etc. Never need it to carry our entire family.

Would love to have that manual transmission in the M3 again. That would really amp the driving engagement which the M5 is missing. And I'm sure I can fit 3 kids comfortably in an M3 (ages 6-13 by that point). Oldest son loves the front seat ever since he "upgraded" from the back seat!
seis-speed2430.50