View Single Post
      08-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #81
Dr. Ice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 991.2 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMan33 View Post
Cars are generally fun when driven close to their limits. Both M cars & Porsches these days have such high limits that they're difficult to enjoy on the streets in a safe & legal way. Of course, lots of fun on the track but few people track their cars & that too for 5-7 days a year, rest of the times we expect the car to be fun on the street.

I prefer base versions with narrower tires for street use as the limits are lower & base engines could be revved out more, both are fun!

Porsche ride is more compliant and sporty at the same time compared to M cars because P car is designed as a race car first, so the chassis is more rigid, therefore allowing suspension to be softer, while M cars are street cars first with not so stiff chassis which necessitates stiffer suspension tuning.

If looking for a sporty feeling car without need for 4 door/4 seats, Porsche makes perfect sense (Cayman or 911). If 4 seats are needed, M cars are the only sporty option!
I sold my 991.2 C2S just two weeks ago in order to gain a little more versatile car with the M3 Competition Xdrive. I have never had an M car before so I will see how I like it. If I don’t, I will go back and get a 992 C2S. I loved my 911 but didn’t drive it much. Was a 2017 with 9,500 miles.
Appreciate 0