02-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #8
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
doesn't seem like they are giving it the full "F" treatment. Mechanical changes other than the engine is minimal. Shares the same LSD and suspension bits as IS350 based on the press kit

interior also looks identical too which already is long in the tooth with subpar tech

but should mean the car is gonna be closer in pricing and positioning to a m340 than a m3, and that's a smart move given Toyota does not have anything to compete properly right now
The IS just had a refresh, the interior tech is very good and has Carplay, android auto etc. It has a quirky Japanese feeling to it, I considered one before picking up my G20. If you want a high quality, reliable sedan with a naturally aspirated engine there isn't much competition.

The IS500 looks like a very interesting car, they probably won't sell many of them. It doesn't strike me as going after the same market as the G8x. Its a car people will be lament having disappeared in 5 years and will be sought after for the drivetrain. Kudos to Lexus for still putting out a car like this, meanwhile the next C63 is a 4 popper...
Appreciate 1
ASAP10189.00