09-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #417
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
There are plenty of renders with that grille; it's boring and looks the same as every M car currently out (I don't count the SUVs). Imagine using YouTube comments as a gauge for anything, social media is an echo chamber of repetitive rhetoric for likes. People don't say opinions, they say what they think other peoples opinions are so they can get that like button smashed. I said how nice I thought it was on Reddit, it's been funny as the days progress and I keep saying the same comments, watching it go from being downvoted to oblivion to slowly upvoted to popular, as opinions change and people do too.
People don't think for themselves; they are told what to like and stick in that lane to be safe, they're fed algorithms in their echo chambers.
I am so so glad BMW doesn't listen to social media comments and I love this car is divisive! Imagine an M340i with a body kit; so boring. I still can barely ever tell an F80 M3 apart from a 5 series or m sport 3 series from a distance, no one is mistaking this car!
I'm on several other car forums of other brands and while there's still plenty that hate the look I would say more people like it than don't like it as it's definitely less controversial than something like the Civic Type R. It seems BMW fans online may be a little more resistant to change than the general populace. That said BMW fans would be more likely to purchase a BMW compared to the general populace but the reality is forum posters make up an extremely tiny portion of buyers for any vehicle. Regardless it's a big talking point and BMW has generated a lot of buzz with this revealing and manufacturers know that buzz good or bad is better than no buzz.
Appreciate 1
duky1316.50