View Single Post
      04-08-2022, 08:35 PM   #37
discountbarber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunkshun'd View Post
Nice color choice!! I love the carbon add-ons.

You mentioned that you were going to add a PPF. I am around Denver as well and I am looking for shops doing that.

Any recommendations? Thanks.
Yes! I am very particular, so I spent quite a bit of time doing my research and talking to folks. Based on reputation, I narrowed down the list to Denver Auto Shield and New Image Paint Protection. Both shops do great work -- I spoke to people I know personally who had their cars fully wrapped using these shops and they had nothing but good things to say about the quality of the jobs. I don't think you can go wrong with either outfit.

I'm going to work with New Image because they install STEK. Most shops (including Denver Auto Shield) use XPEL. I prefer STEK to XPEL because STEK is more hydrophobic. I have also heard that the STEK products have slightly better self-healing properties. XPEL is slightly thicker, so some people prefer it for that reason.

I don't have anything negative to say about the folks at Denver Auto Shield, but I can tell you that the people at New Image are really good at what they do. They are also super cool. I casually mentioned that I was considering getting my car in Chalk when I was having an initial conversation with them. They emailed me out of the blue a week later to let me know they were PPF'ing a Chalk Porsche and invited me down to their shop to see the color in person. That anecdote pretty well captures their attention to detail and level of customer service.
Appreciate 1