View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 07:48 PM   #23
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toF30 View Post
I am a die-hard manual enthusiast. My previous F30 335i and current 340i were/is manual. My next car likely G80 M3 will also be manual. I was stoked to hear BMW was keeping the manual 4 door ///M cars alive after they got rid of it in the non ///M.

I'm actually not concerned about the HP figure, it's the 406 lb/ft of torque which is the same as last gen and 73 lb/ft less than comp. When they made the new car roughly 300lbs heavier the "torquiness" will def feel less. However, they state it's 50lbs lighter than auto and has better weight distribution so that's a win.

At this point beggars can't be choosers as BMW is the only manufacturer to offer a 4 door high powered luxury sports sedan in a manual. I for one, am grateful for that. As others have said, it's not about being the most powerful but the driving experience.

#savethemanuals
Save the manuals!

I’ll tune this car so fast because it will feel sluggish compared to my old 6MT F80 given the weight. I’m also psyched that the X3M and X4M S58 tunes are performing nicely. Seeing 600 hp for a stage 1 tune! Just hope the f***ing clutch can hold it.
Appreciate 0