swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1gio2 View Post
Yes, you read that correctly!

I'm not actually talking about comparing the cars in terms of performance on an individual level, more so in value.

I have the three cars in the title, and I'm considering selling all three of them and buying one G80 M3...

All of my cars are relatively low mileage excellent condition cars, so selling the three would bring me close to MSRP on the new G80. But...is it worth it?

I'd have very high expectations and know that I'd be taking on a rapidly depreciating car vs. three relatively stable if not appreciating cars that are all reliable, fun and low cost to maintain.

I had an F80 lease and by year 2 it lost it's appeal to me. When I look at new cars, I think everything is so expensive that is has to be truly special to justify. For example a 340i is nice, but not special enough to me...

Thoughts?
You got bored by an F80 after only two years so why a new version of that would be any different? If anything, it may or may not even be worse.

DO NOT sell your S2000 or E36 M3. Definitely not an S2000. It is a special car and everyone I know that sold theirs had to get another one down the road. But, you will always be able to buy a new BMW M3.