Thread: Eyeglasses
View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I just ordered a replacement pair yesterday, my first bifocals at almost 52yo. I've worn contacts since I was about 16, and my prescription for distance has not changed for about 30 years. About 3 yeras ago Dr. started adding progressive bifocal on the contacts. I still have a bit of difficulty seeing really small with the contacts. If I want to see close up, I either get out a magnifying glass, or take off the contacts.

I got basic metal frames that were really comfortable - $35. Bifocal with a line was $67. Since I'm -4.00 I opted for polycarbonate so they wouldn't quite be coke bottles - $43. Transitions cost me $97, but there is no way I'm wearing my shades over my specs.

I'll rarely (I hope) wear these glasses. I have them for on-call status. If the PD calls me at 0-dark thirty, I probably can't put in my contacts. I use a H2O2 cleaning solution for the contacts, and they have to sit for 6+ hours. I made the mistake of putting them in early ONCE.

Because these would be used so rarely (I hope) Dr. recommended AGAINST progressives because of the learning curve.

Last edited by UncleWede; 07-20-2018 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Really, I meant Wouldn't, not would
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00