View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #10
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
Worn glasses since i was 5. Unfortunately Oakleys are garbage. Dont hold up. Prefer Ray Bans when it comes to daily worn glasses.

You will get used to the glasses so quickly, you wont even think about it after a week.
I really didn't want to get Oakley's to be honest. I wanted Persol but they didn't have them. I'll go with these for a while and see how they hold up. I've heard the same about Ray-Ban's not holding up well either. In sunglasses I've had many pair of both but always leaned more toward Ray-Ban. I've always had this mindset that Oakley's are for Cops, pro volleyball players and frat boys. This is why I typically only wear my Oakley's when working outside. For comfort I wear my Ray-Ban predators and for style points I wear my Persols. I do like that Oakley's ANSI ratings are higher than OSHA standards for safety glasses again which is why I wear them when working outside although I do catch hell from friends for being eccentric. I hear often about how my work glasses are more expensive than most people's good glasses. My 5 squared and Scalpel lenses look like they've been showered with meteors but I'd much rather have those dings in those lenses than the imagine the contact of flying debris that hit them make contact with my eyes from rocks, dust, grinding wheel sparks/frag, etc.
Appreciate 0