View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Oakley frames are fine and progressive lenses are great - that’s probably what your getting. The digital refers to the grinding of the lens surfaces.

Your lenses certainly won’t be indestructible. And many of the anti-reflective coating don’t like certain alcohols that are in certain liquid cleansers. W/O knowing your Rx, there is a technique and time-frame for getting used to progressive lenses.

The office where u got your glasses probably sent out to a lab to have the lenses shaped and inserted into the frame. That’s why two weeks, unless u have a very unusual Rx.
If you get your frames and they fit comfortably and within a day or two your lenses start to lose any of the distortion that accompanies new progressives and you can go from distance viewing to reading with just a movement of your head then you know you have a nice pair of eyeglasses.

I wear KameMannen metal frames and progressive lenses - my shop orders surfaced lenses from a lab and edges/shapes the lenses at the shop for insertion into the frame.

I go to an independent optical shop in PA. The owner is a licensed optician with an Associates Degree in opticianry and contact dispensing. His mother was an optician and grandparents back in Germany go back a few generations of being guilded opticians.
Thank you for the info! I didn't really want to get Oakley frames to begin with but after everything that I tried on they were the most comfortable. Glad to hear you like the progressive lenses. From others that I've talked to the progressive lenses seem to be the way to go.
Appreciate 0